Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Spud - I don't work again until Thurs but I will check out the Handi-Quilters on the floor.  If they have a dead bar, I will ask Ken about the pros and cons for you.

Thanks Marge, I look forward to what you find out. We are going to have to figure out how to retrofit my frame and I'm not sure what they use for the deadbar as it looks smaller that the takeup bar. I will have some research to do.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 4:30 PM

Before I got side tracked, I was going to ask if any of the major manufactures have any info on thier websites that might be useful?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I have not found any yet CC, but I'm still looking. I did some research a few years ago, BC, but I cannot remember what I found out so will have to start over. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:28 PM

I do have a dead bar!   I don't know if it helps because I have no experience  with anything else.  I know I curse the thing when I pin my backing on the rear leader and forget to run it under that bar.  In my HQ manual, the "dead bar" is called the "take up pole."

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:35 PM

In another location in the HQ manual, it is referred to as the "idler bar."

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 12:40 AM

MNnancy:
forget to run it under that bar
  Hear, hear.  You only have to forget the takeup bar once (or in my case two or three times) before It turns into a huge problem a real PITA to unpin and re pin a quilt.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 8:31 AM

Mine has a dead bar although I have never heard it called that before.  I had a short arm and small frame before and it was a pain to adjust.  I think all the APQS machines come with one.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use