Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 380
Wendy Posted: Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:58 AM

Hello .I have just joined Quilters Club. I live in Aberdeen Scotland and have been quilting for 5 years. I am now retired and have more time. Have done a lot of quilts for Project Linus and other charities.I am coming over for a six week holiday next spring starting in Denver and finishing in Seattle and cant wait to see some of your patchwork stores.Would love any sugestions !

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 29,530
Ramona replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:04 AM

Wendy,

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you on board. What a wonderful trip you have planned. I'm not able to help you with that area of the country but there are others on here that will surely have ideas for wonderful shops to visit.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 380
Wendy replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:27 AM

Thanks Remona for the messages. What a lovely welcome.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Wendy and welcome to QCA. Sorry I cannot help you with what to see but I'm sure someone will be along who will be able to make some suggestions.  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 380
Wendy replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:37 AM

Hi again. Thanks so much for reply and welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:46 PM

Hi Wendy, welcome to our family, I know you'll enjoy your time here, there's so many wonderful people on site to help and support you. 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 2:13 PM

hi wendy, welcome to the group. are you flying between denver and seattle, or driving?   if you are driving, do you have a route planned?   denver has some great quilt shops and so does seattle, and there are any   number of quilt shops in between.  salt lake city, for instance, has one of the biggest shops i've been in. boise has a nice store, too.    if you give us the dates and routes, we can maybe find you some shows going on, too.   we also have some retreats planned, if you are close to the retreats, we would love to meet you.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 4:48 PM

Hi Wendy, welcome to the club

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:34 PM

Welcome, Wendy! It is always interesting to meet someone from another country. Hope you enjoy your time here with us. They are a great group of quilters who love to share info with you. Hope to see some pics of your work.  Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:24 PM

Welcome to the club Wendy.  Hope you enjoy it here.   I can't help you with that part of the country but there's lots of members that could.  Enjoy yourself.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 380
Wendy replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:44 AM

Hello

Thanks for the lovely message. We are driving and land at Denver on 17th May 2013 and travel to Seattle where we return home on 28 June.I would love to go to shows and meet fellow quilters . As yet we do not have a planned route. My husband,James is interested in native american history so we will be incorporating both interests. We aim to use Motels super 7/8 for overnight stays but that is all so far !!

Looking forward to your reply Gini

Take Care

Wendy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:07 AM

Wendy

Welcome to the site.  I have always wanted to see Scotland.  From the pictures I have seen you live in a beautiful country.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 632
Points 9,395
MaggieNae replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:21 AM

I'm not sure what you have planned, but it soulds like you'll have lots of time.  I suggest visiting the Grand Canyon.  Work your way as far south and west as you want to.  Then drive north up California State HIghway 1.  That wlll get you back to Seattle.

Welcome aboard.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:36 AM

Hello Wendy

You are going to love the people here on QCA! I hope you have a very nice and relaxing drive through the Northwest.  I love unplanned road trips!!

I know you will find lots of wonderful quilt shops along the way. 

Happy quilting....

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:40 AM

hi wendy, just how much driving are you wanting to do?   the best indian ruins are in the grand canyon area, in arizona, heading  south and west out  of denver.  going north and west of denver you can see quite a few sites, too, like little big horn. going a northern route, you can drive through yellowstone and further north glacier park.  yellowstone is one of the most interesting of our national monuments, glacier  is the most beautiful.   they take you on a north route, where you can go through little bighorn.   there's a whole lot of wide open spaces and boring driving through western colorado, wyoming and montana.

on a southern route you can go through santa fe, albuquerque, anasazi ruins, travel through several large native american reservations, like the navaho, come up through salt lake city.   most of this region is high desert plateau and may/june is a good time to go there.  we were through there last year.  we went to the site of a meteorite crater, pretty awesome.   there was so much to see, we took about three weeks and drove from our home in north idaho, down to a quilt show close to san francisco, and then through death valley and on through the southwest, up through denver and home. we did a lot of long days driving.

the road over the, Going To The Sun Highway, may not be open yet in glacier, but you can still see most of the park, and go up into the canadian side of the park, Waterton, macdonald lake is wonderful.  

you will see a lot of wildlife in yellowstone and glacier

there used to be a great indian site on the pacific coast about four hours west of seattle, then  was a long hike out to the coast, and they had an active dig there for a while, lake ozette.  i'll call and see if it is still open. 

nope,  i can't get any info on it, but   the  makah museum,  with all of the dig's artifacts,  is still open at neah bay and you are close to the Ho Rain Forest, a temperate rain forest, and great short hike.

there are a lot of dinosaur sites in colorado, wyoming, utah, and a few in montana. there is a buffalo run you can walk to in montana, but you have to drive several miles on a bumpy gravel road.

the states are so big, it is hard to pick a route, there is so much to see whereever you go.   once you pick a route, we can direct you to quilt shops or shows.  if you pick the northern route, you can stay with us in the very tip of northern idaho on your way through.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use