Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 134 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 132 133 134 135 136 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 10:32 PM

Nana:
I think of Tool Time with the neighbor just poking the upper part of his face over the top of the fence

Ha, I remember him!  Now I walk around with a quilt in front of my face to hide the big skin cancer scar.  LOL  Just kidding - in just four weeks I can see that it's going to heal very nicely.

Off to vote...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Nana:

Uhoh Spud.  Now we are both in the golden oldies club....ROFLOL

Considering the alternative, I'll take that LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Nancy, I bet you see it and others don't even notice all they see is your beautiful smile!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:58 PM

MNnancy:

So many people have already posted to the "media" section of the MQ7 Group that I think those quilt tops should be eligible for voting on, too.  Okay?

I think it was simpler to just post photos in media. In any case, as usual, it's not an easy task choosing just one favourite.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:59 PM

Spudgrandma:

Oh my Nana, you are dating yourself and me cause I understood the reference LOL

I remember it too. You ladies are not THAT old (yet). LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 7:40 AM

Kris:

Spudgrandma:

Oh my Nana, you are dating yourself and me cause I understood the reference LOL

I remember it too. You ladies are not THAT old (yet). LOL

Well, I don't know about you girls,  I am much older and I remember that too.  he,he,he       Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,271
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 7:50 AM

I have to admit, at first I was a bit disappointed with how simple the pattern was becoming.  Specially since I decided to finally use one of my favorite fabrics, just saving it for that special project.  But now that I am done, I think this was the perfect project for that fabric.   It makes a great border, that is large enough to really enjoy the fabric and all the other fabrics were chosen to match it.  Having a variety of lights and darks as Nana suggested.   And I only had to buy 1/3 yard of fabric, with all the rest coming from my stash.  

Thanks Nana, for a great pattern.  I will be using it, along with some of the beautiful variations, in future quilts.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 8:59 AM

You know, I remember that show and I'm not that old (I'm only 29!).  I forgot to show you guys what I made as a side project.  Remember when I had to square my blocks so that I could cut them at an angle to change the look?  Well, I couldn't just throw out the 1/2" wide strips could I?  NO!!  I decided to make my daughter a few pot holders for her kitchen she will be getting for Christmas.  They make small 5" potholders... just perfectly sized for a mini kitchen, right ;)  Anywho, here is the picture of them...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:22 AM

I got the reference right away too! LOL

MN Nancy,  Don't fret over the scar too much.  In January I had a good sized skin cancer removed from the area around my left eye and temple.  I thought it would be red, ugly, and obvious forever.  My granddaughter mentioned over the weekend she can hardly remember where "that big ugly thing" was.  When I looked in the mirror, hard, I could barely see it.  By summer you will not even notice it.

jan in Rochester NY

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Brooke:

You know, I remember that show and I'm not that old (I'm only 29!).  I forgot to show you guys what I made as a side project.  Remember when I had to square my blocks so that I could cut them at an angle to change the look?  Well, I couldn't just throw out the 1/2" wide strips could I?  NO!!  I decided to make my daughter a few pot holders for her kitchen she will be getting for Christmas.  They make small 5" potholders... just perfectly sized for a mini kitchen, right ;)  Anywho, here is the picture of them...

First of all, for future reference, YES, you have my permission to throw out 1/2 inch strips!  After a quarter inch seam allowance on either side, that leaves no fabric!  After saying that, I think your mini pot-holders are very cool.  I'm impressed by the patience you must have had to do those!

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:35 AM

Brooke:
 I decided to make my daughter a few pot holders for her kitchen she will be getting for Christmas.

Brooke, how clever of you, pretty pot holders.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Those are so cute Brooke, what a clever idea!  What a wonderful addition to your daughters kitchen, I bet she loves them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:07 PM

I'm getting ready to put binding on red mq7 and i'm glad to say its turning out better than the blue one so good in fact i'm thinking about giving it to my sister for christmas.  I still like it for tablecloth just remembering saying better to give than receive.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:57 PM

I was able to finish my top, thrilled over the finished look. Thanks to Nana and all of you who kept me from scrapping this project. I too was a bit leery abut the pattern. Mrs.O would be proud at the way her fabrics came together. will post in media as well.

oh and in reference to MNnancy I thought about 'Tool Time' the very first time I saw your avatar. LOL

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 1:01 PM

Very pretty, Carylanne!  Love what you did with your borders.

Millbury, MA

Page 134 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 132 133 134 135 136 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use