Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 130 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:09 PM

Zsofia.....I have a Viking Sapphire and love it. It has a lot of features that I don't see on other machines. It was hard to get used to, but I have had it for a few years now and am using almost all of the features. The Fix feature really works good and the cut and threader. Programing stitches works easy. I also have the automatic button hole sewer, what a great thing. I sew clothes as well as quilts.

I find now that problems that I had when I first got the machine were not the machine.(Ha-Ha- you know what Imean) Now if I have a problem it is almost always with the bobbin. I switch to a different bobbin and I am off and running. So I'm not sure if it is the way the bobbins get wound or not. I am going to purchase a sidewinder and do some bobbins on that and see if it is not better.  I have never needed service, but have found a certified viking repair person who I can take my machine to in Pennsylvania. Viking will only tell you to go to Jo-Ann stores and they send the machine somewhere. From ladies I talked to at the store, that can take a long time and they don't give you replacement machine.However, I like it so much that when I purchased a serger I got the viking S25 and it is great also.

All in all, I truly believe that is is worth the price. I also make sure that I get stuff there on sale. They always run specials. If where you go is like my place, let the sales person know that you are interested. I waited four months for my serger to hit the right price and then bought it. (I went for the lowest price sale they had at last Christmas) I did not get it for Christmas and the price went back up, so I just waited. I eventually got that sale price and a gift of a bunch of presser feet.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:21 PM

Zsofia, DeborahC53 has a Viking she doesn't want to go near. If it is and 875 maybe you can make a deal with her. :) I really checked into these before I purchased and went to try different machines. In my opinion, it is worth the few extra bucks to go for the 875 over the 830. Here is how you justify the additional cost. Figure out how long you will have the machine and then take the difference in price and divide by the number of days. It works everytime on almost all high ticket items. I like my system. It always justifies spending the most I can afford on the top machine. That hread cutter also save huge on thread. Think of all of the extra six inches, top and bobbin wasted everytime you cut.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:40 PM

Azhinova Lyubov:
I finished my  Turquoise  MQ

It's quite lovely Azhinova.  I'm sure you will have a wonderful time teaching this pattern to your friends.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:42 PM

Zsofia:
Here is my top.

So pretty Zsofia.  I really like the diamonds in the borders.  WTG!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Woo Hoo, doing the happy dance. I got my MQ7 done. It is not my best effort. I did the borders a little different and had to piece the last one, but I'm okay with it and since it is the same color I don't think it will show when it is quilted. I'll post pictures later, I need my hubby to help with the pic.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,797
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:32 PM

Patti:
Here's mine.

Beautiful quilt Patti. I love it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,797
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:47 PM

Zsofia:
Here is my top.

Very nice Zsofia.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,797
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:48 PM

Azhinova Lyubov:
I finished my Turquoise  MQ7

Very pretty.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,831
Points 123,575

Judy:
.I have a Viking Sapphire and love it. It has a lot of features that I don't see on other machines. It was hard to get used to, but I have had it for a few years now and am using almost all of the features. The Fix feature really works good

I also like the FIX on my Sapphire but I turned off the auto feature so it doesn't automatically FIX at the beginning of the seam as it will often snaggle up in the feed dog. I have trouble with that anyway, even when I use a leader piece of fabric. Makes me cuss I'm afraid.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:26 PM

I love your quilt top!  The colors and patterns choices are gorgeous together.  Very nice indeed!

Azhinova Lyubov:

I finished my  Turquoise  MQ7!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:22 PM

I don't use the auto fix either. I used to have a problem with it, but for some reason it works now. I really think that it has to do with the bobbin, because it mostly happens when the bobbin is low on thread. I always use a leader when I am piecing, especially when using the cutter. When I start my quilting, I bring the bottom thread up then FIX and it is great.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:24 PM

Spud, Looks great.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 375

Judy:

Zsofia, DeborahC53 has a Viking she doesn't want to go near. If it is and 875 maybe you can make a deal with her. :) I really checked into these before I purchased and went to try different machines. In my opinion, it is worth the few extra bucks to go for the 875 over the 830. Here is how you justify the additional cost. Figure out how long you will have the machine and then take the difference in price and divide by the number of days. It works everytime on almost all high ticket items. I like my system. It always justifies spending the most I can afford on the top machine. That hread cutter also save huge on thread. Think of all of the extra six inches, top and bobbin wasted everytime you cut.

LOL!  I'm not selling it yet. :)  I do like the 10" throat for free motion and it's not like I think it's a piece of junk.  Just comparing it to my Juki, it's not worth the high price and isn't made as well.

My Viking isn't an 875.  It's the special anniversary edition.  When I looked at them, none of the Vikings had a thread cutter, and I found it odd for such a high-priced machine to lack something that all the other higher priced machines had.  The 875 has one now?  That's good.  It does save a lot of time and thread - time in clipping not only once but twice when you have to go back and cut all the long threads off. 

The reason I recommend the Juki (I have the Exceed F400 for quilting), is that it has everything the Viking has (except the deep, deep throat) plus it has the thread cutter and knee lift for almost half the price I paid for my Viking.  And, it's better made (steel construction), more solid, quieter and faster.   Now, I don't know what the 875 goes for now, but I saw a sales ad for a Sapphire recently for $899 which is the base price of my Juki when it's not on sale.  One could probably get it on sale now for less than that.    So, in my mind, the Juki sews better, is made better and costs less.

But the Viking's nothing to sneeze at.  I'm sure Zsofia won't make a mistake if she buys one.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:45 PM

Spud, I like your quilt, very nice!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Page 130 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use