Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 129 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 127 128 129 130 131 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,114
Points 110,335

Azhinova, I love your Turquoise MQ. It's beautiful

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Thanks Caryl Ann, I was just not sure if it was sewn into one long strip and then cut the top, bottom and side lengths or just enough to fit the top, bottom and sides. It sounds like you did it the way I started to do mine this AM, I did not think any one else (besides Debbie) was going to answer my question. Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:21 AM

I measured them each side. 

Jan in Rochester  NY

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 39
Points 1,500

Judy T-Bellingham:

Azhinova, I love your Turquoise MQ. It's beautiful

Judy ,  Thank you!  I am very glad to participate in this project and thank everyone for their support in my sewing.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:26 AM

Very pretty, Azhinova!  My eye is drawn to the fabric with the hexagon design as it flows throughout the quilt.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Great job Azhinova. So glad you had a good time. I really enjoyed this also.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 632
Points 16,135
Zsofia replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:36 AM

Thanks for the comments on my MQ7.

MNnancy: the brand is Necchi. I looked on line and called a few places but could not find anything. Parts from other brand would not fit... So today I looked at a Viking Sapphire.. There are so many machines to chose from but don't really want to spend thousands on it. So we will see.

Zsofia

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,114
Points 110,335

Zsofia:
So today I looked at a Viking Sapphire.. There are so many machines to chose from but don't really want to spend thousands on it. So we will see.

Zsofia, I have the Viking Sapphire 830.  I also didn't have bunches of money to spend. If I had, I may have gone with a Bernina. But I like my Sapphire. It has a 10" throat and I can free motion quilt large quilts. The stitch quality is good. The only thing I have trouble with is sewing over seams, it doesn't want to go over bumps easily. I tried out a Janome recently and it did bumps very well.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:56 AM

Zsofia, do a Google search for "Necchi sewing machine repair," and you will find lots of links.  Did you know there is even a Necchi Facebook page and a Necchi Yahoo group for the vintage Italian-made models:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/necchisewingmachineclub/

It looks like parts should still be available.  Again, though, I'm not trying to steer you away from buying something new.  I'd love to get a second machine myself.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 632
Points 16,135
Zsofia replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 12:38 PM

MNnancy:

Zsofia, do a Google search for "Necchi sewing machine repair," and you will find lots of links.  Did you know there is even a Necchi Facebook page and a Necchi Yahoo group for the vintage Italian-made models:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/necchisewingmachineclub/

It looks like parts should still be available.  Again, though, I'm not trying to steer you away from buying something new.  I'd love to get a second machine myself.

MNnancy- I did a google search before. The link what you have here is for "made in Italy" machines only. There is a company in Denver CO but I'm not going to ship my machine for servicing. I just cleaned the machine last night so it should work. And I really liked the Viking machine since it has a 10" opening and it's on sale;). 

Zsofia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 375

Zsofia, I also have a Viking.  Some months after I purchased it, I bought a Juki because the Viking wasn't all I'd hoped it would be.  It doesn't have an automatic thread cutter nor a knee lift which I thought I was okay not having, but now that I have them on my Juki I don't want to go near the Viking. :)  Plus, the Viking has an automatic presser foot lift which lifts the presser foot anytime you stop the machine. I suppose it's what they offer instead of a knee lift.  It's a nice function but I don't always want the presser foot to raise, especially if I'm just repositioning my hands and don't want my stitching to swerve.  So I turned that function off.

I would highly recommend the Juki.  It sews like a dream - fast and quiet.  The only drawback is that the throat is shorter than the Viking by 1 or 1.5 inches.  So if the longer throat width is THE most important thing, then the Viking is probably your choice.  But for functioning, the Juki has more and better ones, IMO, for the same (sale) price or cheaper.   I would also recommend a Janome if you can find one on sale, but they generally do cost more.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:48 PM

Your quilt is beautiful, Azhinova.  I haven't gotten to finish mine yet.   Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

OMG Zsofia, there are places to get your Necchi repaired, I have a 1957SuperNova Ultra, that I learned to sew on. received it from my Mother earlier this year, we have had it serviced once a year for the past 22 years at the same place , most sew & vac have repair people. My Janome dealer is our service man, he repairs everything I think. He purchases old machines that can't be repaired for parts. I hope you find someone close that can at least look at your machine. Will you tell me what you have, is it Italian made? if so please look at our group in yahoo, there are service people in that group, & information about part finders.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 758
Points 11,375
weezee56 replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 4:02 PM

Zsofia, I have a Viking Sapphire 830. I also got my on sale. I love having the 10" throat. That was the reason I wanted it. If you put the needle in the down position the presser foot will go up when you stop. I love this when you are doing applique, so you can pivot better. I've never had a machine that cuts the thread for you, but the 875 model does but it also costs alot more too. For the difference I can cut my own thread. I hope you find the machine you want and at a good price too. Happy shopping.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 4:11 PM

Zsofia,  I have a Baby Lock Ellure and I love it,  it has the auto cut and auto thread, keeps the needle in the down position if you want.  I am upgrading to the Baby Lock esenta because it has a more robust embroidery capability.  And it can embroider on the arch, which I need for the softball team shirts I do.  I love Baby Lock,

Page 129 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 127 128 129 130 131 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use