Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 126 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 124 125 126 127 128 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:57 PM

collector49:
Just got a chance to take a picture of my finished top.

Very pretty Collector!  So soft and vintage looking.  I do love 30's fabric.  Great job!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 5:32 PM

This is my WIP for the MQ7. If I want to add the wider border I will need to hit the LQS or else just use the black 2 1/2 strips I already have.  This may have to wait for next year.

I have enjoyed this pattern and love seeing the changes some have made for their own quilts. 

from TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:28 PM

I was determined to get my MQ7 done by weeks end and finished it early Wed. morning.  I'm just getting around to posting and uploading pictures.  I posted my fabric choices earlier... Christmas/winter theme with an emphasis on snowmen (I love them).... with fabrics purchased at the Brainerd (MN) Quilt Show with MNNancy.  We had fun searching for the right ones.  I added a few from my stash.  As the directions progressed, I wasn't able to keep up at first because of other commitments.  I was a little disappointed with the way things were going as I have done a similar quilt before. As I got back to reading and seeing what some had done, I was interested in the way some of you veered off and changed things up.  I decided to follow some of the suggestions and was pleased with the results.  It gave me a little more challenge and more interest.  I was pleased with the results.  I will probably add a light weight batting and back, quilt it and use it for a table cloth.  If it doesn't look good or isn't big enough for the table, I'll use it for a lap quilt or throw on the couch.  It adds seasonal flair to the room.

I'm not going to make specific comments to individuals, but know that I do like all of your quilts.  Each added their own individuality to their quilt and it's fun to look at them all to see what you came up with.  Koodoos to all!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:33 PM

Hey Nancy... It is bright and colorful and appropriately named!  It turned out well and the colors go together well.  Good job!  As soon as I'm done posting this, I'm packing the cooler and heading north for the week.  Maybe we can get together?  I'm bringing a couple projects I hope to complete.  Hopefully we won't get snowed in too badly!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:38 PM

Drive carefully, Carol.  There's a sheen of ice on everything.  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday are wide open for me.  My place or yours?  Do you have any quilts that need quilting?  You can use my mid-arm!

Your Christmas mystery looks great.  I do like all of them that were sliced and turned on point.  Too bad I already had my rows sewn together when the first person posted that idea.  I like your inner border, too, with the pieces cut on the diagonal.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:41 PM

collector49:

Collector49, "sweet" is the first word that comes to mind when I see your quilt.  Your fabrics worked perfectly with this design.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 17,530

To All you great people that tried to explain to me how to resize a picture to post on this forum, I thank you all very much. My computer is weird I guess. The program that I use wouldn't let me resize I had to compress the picture.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 12:02 AM

collector49:
Just got a chance to take a picture of my finished top. 

It's very pretty. Nice job.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 12:04 AM

Weezee,

you quilt is cute. Glad you got the photo figured out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 12:06 AM

MNcarol:
I was determined to get my MQ7 done by weeks end and finished it early Wed. morning.  I'm just getting around to posting and uploading pictures.

It's pretty. Though not a fan of s**w, I like the setting for your photo.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:25 AM

Kris:
Though not a fan of s**w, I like

Carol, in case you don't understand, Kris has an aversion to the white stuff on your lawn.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:29 AM

WOW ,everyones quilts are beautiful . Mine is still on my design wall , guess I'llget it finished someday .LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:45 AM

Bev - love your quilt, it looks warm, soft and inviting. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:48 AM

Collector49 - Ice Cream comes to mind and a warm summer day when I see your quilt.  Very summery!  Love it!  especially since it's been cold here in OK. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:01 AM

Mimi - love your quilt.  it is so much fun to see all the variations of the one pattern.  Still need to put my borders on but lower back has been hurting alot lately. 

I have an MRI on it Mon evening @ 6 p.m. so hope to know in next week or so what's going on.  still waiting to get injections in my occipital nerve, which has been causing me headaches everyday.  Hubby needs surgery because he tore his menicus, behind his left knee.  we're falling apart and still 4 years to retirement.   Oh, Lord, please keep me healthy till then or let me get it all out now and be healthy at retirement.   

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 126 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 124 125 126 127 128 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use