Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 125 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 123 124 125 126 127 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:23 PM

WOW...your quilt is gorgeous!  I absolutely love how you put it together...PERFECT!

Mimi:

I've finished MQ 7.  I did have a bit of excitement sewing on the last border.  I was pinning on one of the side borders standing at the ironing board.  After it was pinned, I walked over to my Janome getting ready to sew and screamed in fright.  There was a large bug with long ugly legs walking across my harp opening. It has finally gotten cold here in PA and my sewing room is in the basement.  I guess it wanted to be warm.  Anyway I got my starch can, waited for it to meander away from the feed dogs, and starched the sucker.  It kept walking, slower for sure and dropped off the end of my sewing table.  I grabbed a paper towel and gently wrapped it up. Took the nasty thing outside and stomped it flat. The stomping helped drop my adrenaline levels.

Anyway here's my MQ7.  I decided to make it bigger to honor Nana for running this mystery even though her life was very complicated at the time.  She took time to advance quilting experiences for all of us.  I'm going to call it Christmas Surprise. It measures approximately 80 x 90.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:27 PM

So very pretty!  I love your color choices with the black...it really pops!

Karla:

I finally finished the MQ7 top, put the last of the borders on today.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 40,955
ls2116 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:55 PM

Wow I've seen some really nice variations of this mq.  As for mine I finally made a decision i'll complete two seperate quilts.  pinned one to backing tonight.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,302
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 1:07 AM

Mimi:
Anyway here's my MQ7. 

I love it Mimi.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 5:48 AM

Sheila:
it reminds me of confetti sprinkled everywhere.

Sheila you are right.  It does look like confetti.  I think I'll change the name to Christmas Confetti.  Thanks for the idea!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

MNnancy:

Well, I just finished my MQ7, and as much as I loved that swirly fabric that I used in the border when I bought it, it just is not looking very good in this application.  I didn't do anything to embellish the design - just kept everything quick and easy.  I wonder if my 23-year-old niece would be interested in anything this bright and crazy for her new home.  If not, I'm not sure what I'll do with this quilt other than donate it.

I'm calling it "Spilled Paint."

I love this MNnancy, and I love how you did the borders.

xoxoxo.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

MNnancy:

Well, I just finished my MQ7, and as much as I loved that swirly fabric that I used in the border when I bought it, it just is not looking very good in this application.  I didn't do anything to embellish the design - just kept everything quick and easy.  I wonder if my 23-year-old niece would be interested in anything this bright and crazy for her new home.  If not, I'm not sure what I'll do with this quilt other than donate it.

I'm calling it "Spilled Paint."

I love this MNnancy, and I love how you did the borders.

xoxoxo.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:14 AM

MNnancy, Karla, really do like your quilts.  Mimi, love it.  I need to get back and put the last two borders on mine.  Will be off next week, should be able to finish it up then.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

sorry for the double post, but honest Mom, I didn't do it! lol!

Yes, I too had ordered the fabric from MSQ and didn't get enough, so then I used the flowers fabric I guess that is what was so frustrating for me. I like ordering online because I can look and do not have to stand in line (sit in my cart) to have it cut or try to find enough fat quarters or whatever at the fabric shop. We only have 2 LQS here and JoAnns, Hobby Lobby & Walmart and if anyone else has shopped there for fabric knows that you have to wait for someone to even come to the fabric area while the prices good, I really do not have the luxury of time because of the oxygen (It isn't fun getting old). I cannot even use my scooter in the LQS because they aren't not handicap accessible with a wheelchair or scooter, so that leaves those out. But you all make such great and fun things that I will definitely stick around to see your super creations. So you aren't getting rid of me that way. Thank you for all the encouragement and LOVE all of You!

Nana, it isn't your fault, please do not take any offense, it is only how I felt about it.

xoxoxo,

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Great quilt Mimi. Your border really makes it shine!  Great job!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:25 AM

Mimi,  You did a fabulous job on your quilt. I love it.   Guess I better get started on finishing mine.   But it will have to wait until my leg heals.   I have an injury that happened before Halloween that doesn't want to heal and the Dr doesn't want me sitting with my leg down to keep the leg from swelling.  I have had to go to the wound care clinic for treatment.  And the treatment I have to do on it 2ce a day is painful.   Oh, well, this too shall pass.  Just puts a crimp in my holiday preparations.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:40 AM

Ms Moommist,  I too ordered the fabric from MSqc and there is enough there to  do the quilt as originally done according to the instructions that were given for putting it together.  I can't finish mine yet until I am off of restrictions for putting my leg dow,   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,822
Points 248,574
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:40 AM

Oh Ginny ,this just has not been your year,  I remember when Don had a terrible wound on this foot and we could not get it to heal ,We had to use a wound vac and all kinds of stuff plus the clinic to finally get him healed up took almost a year. It was awful .. I hope yours heals soon . take care. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 8:02 AM

I'm really trying to follow Doctors orders.  The wound isn't really large but just won't heal.  It better get better fast, my daughter leaves Oregon tonight to come home for the holidays.  Only problem is that she is going to her daughters first until Christmas day when they will all travel across the state to my house and she will be here for at least another week.  I sure could use her help NOW.    Ginny

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 90

Just got a chance to take a picture of my finished top.  I like the way everyone's quilts are turning out.  All so different.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 125 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 123 124 125 126 127 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use