Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 123 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 121 122 123 124 125 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Kris:

Judy T-Bellingham:
Finished the MQ7 top. 

Judy,

I love your top. Aren't those happy accidents wonderful.

yes, Kris you are so right! they are happy accidents and I too love all the quilts posted. Congratulations everyone, another one down!

Thank you again everyone for your wonderful comments!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Judy T-Bellingham:

i had it folded on the side of my cutting table. I thought it was out of the way. 

Oh Judy T--that is so easy to do! I know I've nicked things by mistake!  LOVE your repair.  It makes the quilt.  Really like your borders too.  Nice job!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Looking great, ladies!  I love seeing all the different results.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:52 AM

Judy, Wow your mistake came out gorgeous.  I need to take lessons from you!  Some things just happen to make it come out more precous and memorable.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,548
Points 23,405
Susie replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:16 AM

WOOHOOO!!!  I got my silly corner block figured out!  I'll share a picture as soon as I have them on the quilt.  I did mine different than the pattern because of the drastic change in color for the center strip.  WOOHOOO!!

I am sooo loving all the different combinations!  JudyT--I love your oops!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 453
Points 8,640
Jan replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:31 AM

MoonMist,

So sorry to hear you won't join for at least a while.  I did this one with my granddaughter because we had fun arranging and rearranging the blues I had for MQ 6. I have done MQ 3, 4, 5, 6, and now 7.  I liked 3 and as it was my first mystery I had a wonderful time with it.  You and the other ladies here have so much knowledge to share, as well as being such a fun group.  I LOVED MQ 4.  But there it went down hill for me.  I found MQ5 in a box, barely started, about a month ago.  It just isn't making me want to work on it.  MQ 6, I happened to have strips I had gotten from a Shop Hop.  My granddaughter loves blues and was just getting out of 8th grade so I went for it.  She got very involved, so it made it fun for me, but not as much as the early ones.  This one was a crash from the get go.  First I made the mistake of buying a kit from Missouri Star.  Not only did they not send the proper amounts of fabric, but they never responded to my requests in e mail and on the phone to discuss the matter.  We made it work, but for the cost... I made it for my granddaughter's school, a woman lost her only son recently and the freshman class wanted to do a quilt so I did this one. Then they moved the deadline up by 10 days while QCA was having trouble getting it to us. (not blaming you Nana). Then it came in on the due date and he decided to let it go until next week to bless and dedicate it. This after spending several late hours finishing the binding.  But more than the school issues, I was not at all a fan of the quilt pattern either.  Maybe when we all rest and recoup from the stresses, good and bad, of the holidays we will think differently.

Jan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:06 AM

Jan

I am sorry that this MQ was a stressful time for you.   This is a fun quick quilt and could be used to use up scraps.  But I agree that this isn't my favorite MQ pattern.  Maybe next one will be different. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Judy T-Bellingham:

Spudgrandma:
  BTW Judy, how did you cut the chunk? Care to share? :) 

i had it folded on the side of my cutting table. I thought it was out of the way. I laid out the green to cut a slice and caught a piece of the top. Cut a half inch chunk.  Dumb thing to do.  

Not all that dumb; I have caught myself, more times than I can count, just before I did the very same thing. But you did come up with a very pretty fix and made a very special quilt.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,613
Points 119,405

Kris:

Judy T-Bellingham:
Finished the MQ7 top. 

Judy,

I love your top. Aren't those happy accidents wonderful.

Thanks Kris. It did add a bit of fun to the quilt. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:57 PM

What a great design, Judy!  It looks totally different than the original. Good job!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,388
Points 175,308
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:49 PM

Judy, imperfect or not, your quilt is very pretty and you did a great job hiding your "chunk".

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 3:52 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Finished the MQ7 top.

What an incredibly clever way to fix that problem.  I love the way the flowers complement each other with the flowers each using the same fabric in different spots.  My MQ 7 should be finished tonight.  Had small group Bible study and report cards this week as well as a dentist appointment.  Looking forward to posting soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 4:50 PM

Well, I just finished my MQ7, and as much as I loved that swirly fabric that I used in the border when I bought it, it just is not looking very good in this application.  I didn't do anything to embellish the design - just kept everything quick and easy.  I wonder if my 23-year-old niece would be interested in anything this bright and crazy for her new home.  If not, I'm not sure what I'll do with this quilt other than donate it.

I'm calling it "Spilled Paint."

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 5:15 PM

MNnancy:
I'm calling it "Spilled Paint."

I'm liking it Nancy.  Reminds me of dragon fire over water.  Spilled paint is a great name.  WTG

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 5:58 PM

Just got back from the coast, we had to get one last clam dig in for the year, windy, rainy and cold, but DH and I both got our limits for three days. We'll be having clam chowder for Chritmas Eve supper.

It's really fun to read all the posts I've missed and the beautiful quilts that have been finished. Pat, I love the Christmasy fabric, very festive. Judy T., good save on your chunk cut out, it looks like you planned it all along. Karla, great colors.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Page 123 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 121 122 123 124 125 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use