Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 112 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 110 111 112 113 114 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045

Donna:
This is the last of Christmas sewing

I love, love the Christmas book quilt Donna. What a great idea! I only wish my Christmas sewing was done, I still have two quilts to finish up the quilting on.

But I did get my MQ7 top finished. Since it's kind of bright and I used up some of my In The Beginning September Lights fabrics I called it Dragonfly Garden. I decided to use the 2" strips in a braid border.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• | Post Points: 155
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985

lcqultr46:
I decided to use the 2" strips in a braid border

I love your braid border - so many ideas for those 2 inch strips!  The black really sets it off beautifully.  I haven't quite decided how to piece my borders yet since I am making the small size.  Not much room for border on sides with the original setting - a little more with the way you cut them because of the additional seam allowances used.  Designed a few borders last night, but not quite happy with them yet.  I had better get deciding soon, because I have time (I hope) this weekend to finish them. 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:12 PM

Ramona:
Finished!!!

WTG Ramona,

I like your finished project.  It is wonderful. I like it with the outer border. it frames it in nicely.  I am hoping to be able to put an outer border on two of mine. They are from my leftover Christmas stash and I don't have yardage of any kind to match either one. I will have to go see what I can find at the fabric store for them.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 69
Points 1,235

Judee,

Your quilt is fantastic !

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

It's great to see all the quilts and the different ideas.  I have to confess I am not feeling it with this one...I like how my blocks came out but I am having trouble motivating to lay it out.  I think now that I have seen some border ideas I will get back into it!  Thanks all, and nice work!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 9:34 PM

lcqultr46:
I did get my MQ7 top finished. I decided to use the 2" strips in a braid border.

Well done, Judy!  Love it!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,135
Debbie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 9:34 PM

JudyEE  - love your quilt and a novel idea for the borders!  WTG!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 9:34 PM

Judy EE, Love your quilt!  That braid border just sets the center off perfectly.  Way to go!!

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 9:37 PM

I haven't had much time to work on mine but am hoping to get the borders finished tomorrow.  Have really enjoyed seeing everyone's quilts and all the different ideas for borders is just great.  Wonderful inspiration!

Carol W. in Arkansas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,135
Debbie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 9:47 PM

got my border strips done but not in mood to tackle sewing them to the quilt.  almost time for bed.  really enjoying seeing how everyone has done theirs.  love the creativity amongst this group.  my first time to do a MQ and have others online sharing.  much more fun than sewing by myself and no one to share with or bounce ideas off.  so glad I found this site and joined.  Thank you all for making my first time a great experience!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 10:28 PM

Very nice Judy!!  I love the change up from what was given.  I've moved slowly on this mystery and I'm glad I did.  I have step one and two done and then got bogged down with family commitments.  It worked out though as I plan to do the on point layout as you did.  It has much more interest.  I need to get working on it soon as I've used Christmas/winter fabric.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Judy, love your quilt, it is very pretty.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Judy, your quilt is beautiful

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 7:10 AM

I have to say you all impress me with your creativity!  Same instructions but so many different ways to present them!  I love your mystery quilts!  They are great!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 7:34 AM

Everyone ,I just wanted to let you all know your quilts are beautiful . Mine is still on the design wall . but I'll get to it soon ,I hope .LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 112 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 110 111 112 113 114 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use