Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 109 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 420
Points 10,635
Donna replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:22 PM

I have a question and maybe it is answered in the instructions but I dont think so,  how do you do the border where it extends over the next border???

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:24 PM

Everyones quilts are gorgeous.  I love all the different looks that you guys came up with.   Carol I love the leaves.  They are perfect.

I do need everyone to post pics of your completed tops in the media section of the group.  We usually give a couple of weeks to get the tops finished and posted.  Then we will vote on our favorite top.   Looks like that this one will be another hard pick.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:38 PM

Carol from Pittsburgh:

Carol, those leaves are the perfect touch!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:49 PM

Carol,

Beautiful quilt and i love the leaves they are wonderful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 531
Points 10,925

Donna:

I have a question and maybe it is answered in the instructions but I dont think so,  how do you do the border where it extends over the next border???

Donna, The way I did mine was to first add the inner (dark brown) border on all sides. Then I added the border of colors on two opposite sides, then the outer (dark brown) border. So two sides had all three borders and the top and bottom only had the inner border. After that, I added trhe border of colors to the top and bottom, making the colors extend to the ends of the side outer borders. So now I had three borders on the sides and two on the top and bottom. The outer border on the top and bottom were put on last. I added the 4" square to a piece of the 2" fabric for the color border, then attached the middle section of the outer border. These are not yet sewn to the quilt. My other 4" square for the other corner was sewn to a 2" piece to extend the color border. At this point, I pinned the longer section to the quilt and measured where to cut it so it would connect to the other corner in the right place.

So hard to explain in writing for me!  Hopefully someone else has an easier way to explain!  I wanted to make sure someone suggested an answer for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,841
Points 352,812
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:37 AM

Carol from Pittsburgh:
I just finished putting my MQ7 top together. When I first posted a photo, Mimi suggested it would make a good fall throw because of the colors. That's what inspired the leaves. Thanks, Mimi!

This is wonderful Carol. The leaves are a nice complement.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,841
Points 352,812
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:38 AM

Ginny:
Okay, I finally learned how to insert a picture.

WTG Ginny.

Your MQ7 is looking good. Looking forward to the finish.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:48 AM

Carol I love how you added the leaves perfect finishing touch love how yours turned out.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:53 AM

Haven't finished mine yet maybe next week we are putting in hard wood floors and trying to finish my classes this term 3 more finals to go  :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 39
Points 1,500

Nana:

Lyubov

I see no reason why you couldn't translate the instructions for this quilt as long as you give credit of the pattern to Missouri Star Quilt Co.  I hope your friends have fun doing their quilts.

Nana, thank you for your support, and as soon as I finish my quilt, I help my friends to sewinq the quilt as  MQ7.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,420
Points 62,245
Bonita replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:24 AM

Carol, you're falling leaves are perfect for the quilt. Loving the fall colors.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:24 AM

Thanks Carol from Pittsburgh how to do those borders.  I couldn't figure it out so I did piano keys.  I'll try the other way next time.  I really do like the way this quilt came out.  Everyone did a great job so far.  Will be hard to choose which one I really like.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 344
Points 5,990

Just wanted to let each of you know how beautiful all your quilts are.  I've been working on finishing everyone elses quilts and just couldn't manage to fit this one in this time.  May do it later after the Christas rush.  Love all the special ideas you crafty ladies have come up with.  They are all gorgeous.

Penny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:13 AM

Everyones quilts are beauitful , mine is still on my design wall as I haven't quilt figured out how I want it to go yet.  but I'll get there . thanks Nana  its a pretty pattern . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 646
Points 16,345

I just love everyone's interpretation of the quilt.  I have the strips done, but have been sidelined with getting Christmas gifts made as some need to be mailed early next week, plus need to replenish some items that sold at the month long craft fair.  If I keep to my planned schedule, I'll finish the MQ this weekend and then will post pics. 

Brigit-Carol

Page 109 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use