Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 106 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 104 105 106 107 108 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Kris, I really like your layouts. I must have missed something somewhere - where have you been? I've been missing you around here.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

IS, I like your quilts, I really like the Christmas one.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 39
Points 1,500

Hello Nana, I hope that you get well!

If you'll excuse me, Nana, I have a question to you . As you know, I live in Russia. And I showed my top on my page in the blog. So now, my friends ask me to show how to make this project. They ask me to translate your lessons and show how to do this. I ask your permission to do it, if you are not object it.  Excuse my  for my  unsuitable question now.

Lyubov Azhinova.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:22 AM

Spudgrandma:

Kris, I really like your layouts. I must have missed something somewhere - where have you been? I've been missing you around here.

Thanks Spud.

I've been busy with school and holiday activity. I read the posts in email but haven't been joining in the chatter very much I've become more of a lurker. Hoping to snap out of it soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:21 AM

Karyn, I really like what you have done. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Kris:
I've become more of a lurker
  I know what you mean Kris.  I too have been keeping up sort of with the posts but it has been super busy here.  I love all the quilts and hope to get mine going in the next little bit.

Nana, stay healthy, rest and enjoy the season.

Paris, Ontario

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:17 AM

So I was thinking about the stripped border and wondering if I could change it and it still look good.  I was thinking about sewing all the strips together and then making cuts at a 45 degree angle so that the strips weren't straight.  Do you guys think that would look ok and if so, how much more fabric so you think I would need?  Thanks for the help guys... I just can't seem to wrap my head around these things lately.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 199
Points 3,575

Another option I'm thinking about for my border is alternating diamonds and pinwheels instead of piano keya

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Here's a picture of the quilt I made for my granddaughter, on her college-dorm bed! 

She has a black dust ruffle on the bed; the quilt ends at the thin border you can see going around the corner at the foot of the bed.  She made the yo-yos to be "checkers" on the checkerboard pattern.  They're not attached to the quilt, so she can actually play checkers :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:04 AM

Karen - I love the softness of your colors and the flow.  Really great job!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:01 AM

Brooke:
I was thinking about sewing all the strips together and then making cuts at a 45 degree angle

Brooke, this is what I was thinking of doing too, even before the reveal.  I am still trying to get my numbers crunched to see if I have enough fabric.

I also have another idea floating around in my head so won't really know what I'll do until I do it!

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:55 AM

Brooke and Karyn, great ideas on the border!  Wow you girls have vision, if I don't see it I don't think it and I mean all of you girls that did different layouts and adding centers, etc.  Poor visionless me.  :  ((  What to do what to do.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 11:11 AM

Bayla, what a cute quilt you made for your granddaughter and her "checkers" are so sweet.  Neat idea.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 11:35 AM

Marie:

Brooke and Karyn, great ideas on the border!  Wow you girls have vision, if I don't see it I don't think it and I mean all of you girls that did different layouts and adding centers, etc.  Poor visionless me.  :  ((  What to do what to do.  :  )

Marie, I am the same way, I'm afraid...maybe with more time and experience, that will change, but for now I am blown away by the out of the box creativity I see here. And a little jealous...!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Kris:
I read the posts in email but haven't been joining in the chatter very much I've become more of a lurker. Hoping to snap out of it soon.

Well I hope you snap out of it soon, I've missed you! I did miss the part about school, what are you studying?

Page 106 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 104 105 106 107 108 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use