Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 104 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 102 103 104 105 106 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:52 PM

Step 4 and Step 5 are now there.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,362
Points 20,480

Yay!!  I like the option without the outer border.  Since I haven't chosen any special fabric yet for the border, I think I'll use white or off-white together with the 2" strips I saved from earlier steps and go for exactly the look in the top photo.  :)

Thanks, Nana!  This one has been quick and easy, which is just what I needed at this busy time of year!

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 3:29 PM

Carolyn (username CarolBeau):
So, here's my Step 3:

This is beautiful Carolyn. Your fabrics are perfect for this layout.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 3:31 PM

Nana:

Mandy does have the correct instructions and will probably post this step on Monday.  Again so sorry for the holdup.

Glad you're feeling better Nana. I'm playing catch up. The MQs are my time to experiment so I used solids. I used what I could find. I haven't settled on a layout. Here are the three I'm working with so far. Not liking this combo of colours. I'm thinking of doing some more B&W blocks and adding them some where.

One:

Two:

Three:

• Filed under: ,
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,335

Francine:

I know, if QCA Admin has had it since Friday/Saturday why haven't they posted it?  I know Nana hasn't felt well, but as far as I see she has done her part and their failure to post it is putting undue stress on her

Hi Francine,

I was not able to post until today because I had to double check the instructions with Nana. I didn't know she was having surgery until I talked with her. I emailed her and because of the weekend, I just got the official ok from her when I got in today. I appreciate everyone's patience with the Mystery Quilt. We have done our best to get the correct instructions up due to the circumstances.

QCA Mandy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

debigneckow@sbcglobal.net:

When will we be getting step 4

Deb you can go to  your posts and delete the repeats from the right side of your post see the drop down menu ' under' more' and delete/ both sometimes this happens when the site is so busy and we get impatient waiting for that little spinning wave to finish. LOL BTW you may want to change your email out of your profile name, this is a public site.

terr, I see you are having a problem with posting the pictures of your MQ7. Your jpg address is on the picture of the tossed 9 patch, I don't see that in others but at least you were able to get it posted. One hint for posting; open your original picture in paint (on windows), at the tool bar select resize click on pixels put 550 in the box and click OK. now at the top tool bar see the save icon, use this only if you want to save only the new file, or use  save as in the file drop down list. Come back into the site page and click on the media icon as you did and browse to the new file and bring it into your post. This is the correct size for QCA and many other web site forums. Now after you bring it into the message click on the image you see the little points. Bottom right click on when you get the arrow drag up and to the left a bit and see that the image is the same just smaller space taken up. You can also do a repositioning of that image and add to the same lines, another thing is you can place the image anywhere you want as far as your message text is concerned. Have fun playing with the many options.  Oh and post in your gallery, &
MQ7 media pages as well. 

Have a great day.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,571
Points 177,963
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:25 PM

Kris, now that the final step is revealed, I think these would look nice with decorative outer boarder or not.  I like your top layout best but I would lay out the 4 black and white blocks the same way as the others if you can.  Just MHO.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,571
Points 177,963
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:28 PM

Carylanne, I love your cartoon, really cute.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

TY Marie, that was a cutie, we actually have one of his breed named Bruno.

for those who have'nt seen the step 4 & 5 here is that direct link.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:59 PM

terremt:

Well, this is a disappearing 9 patch I made for my step daughter for her birhtday. 

Well, Terre, that sure looks like the quilt we are making right here, doesn't it?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 325
terremt replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:05 PM

Thanks I will try that.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 325
terremt replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:08 PM

It sorta does like the one we are doing now. I used 2 charm packs and then the border material. The pieced boarder was just cut up left over pieces of charm packs.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:15 PM

I still like the idea of a piano key border with the 2 inch strips.  If I cut them in half, they will be shorter keys, and cut a few more strips, I should get around most of the quilt.  For the corners of that border, I will put in squares of the primary border fabric.

It's a nice quilt the way it is, but I want to dress it up a little.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,841
Points 40,180
ls2116 replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:19 PM

Now I have to get busy on the other steps but this is what i have so far.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,841
Points 40,180
ls2116 replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:21 PM

This is my other one.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 104 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 102 103 104 105 106 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use