Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 100 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 1:04 PM

Zsofia, thank you so much for the pics, it really helped.  Now I'll pin and see before I cut.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 1:13 PM

Marie:

OOPS, it seems this layout was ZSofia's baby, sorry Zsofia.  Did you have a vision before you cut your blocks?  I'm not sure I should try this unless maybe I'll pin instead of cut before I proceed.

I am not good at visualizing thing so what I did was square my blocks at 8.5" as Zsofia did buy cutting off of the smallest strip and then to decide if I really wanted to do this design I folded my blocks at a diagonal to see if I liked how it looked.   This is how 4 blocks put together made the pinwheel in the middle. 

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 1:25 PM

Oops. I see Zsofia already had pics up to help you guys. Sorry for the double. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045

Brooke:
folded my blocks at a diagonal to see if I liked how it looked
Great suggestion and explanation Brooke. I really like how both your and Zsofia's blocks/layouts look. One question: Did you first sew four squared off blocks together and then cut diagonally or did you cut each 8.5 square diagonnally and then sew four quarter square triangles together?

Sorry to hear about your medical problems Nana, take care of yourself and get well soon.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045

Sorry, that was a dumb question, I figured out you cut the 8.5 squares diagonally first, then mixed and matched together.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990

I had planned to sew my blocks together today, but such a big sea of large blue patches.  I will experiment with Zsofia's idea and probably do it that way.  I usually do small blocks with small patches, and even though this is a beautiful quilt in many colors, the shades of blue needs a little more cutting up.  Plan to make my decision today and do it tomorrow - - - if something doesn't come up as usual.  Sunday is usually our day to stay home and relax.  My relaxation is quilting!!!  of course!!!  Had planned to post a picture of blocks laid out today, but - - - OK - - - here it as laid out on the floor - all 42 blocks of BLUE

The blues aren't so overpowering in picture as in person!  A little more mix-up might help

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Marsha, I like the blues!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

Marsha,

Blue is my FAVORITE color, so I might be a little biased, but I think your blue blocks are beautiful!! If it seems too intense to you, maybe the border colors will help calm the blues for you.

I'm going to have to try Zsofia's technique when I make my MQ7...love the interest the diagonal cuts add to the pattern. Especially since my colors will be rather soft and muted. They will need all the help they can get so they don't look boring. I won't be starting it for a couple of months but I'm making notes on what I like and want to try when I do start.

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990

Karyn Ashley-Smith:

Marsha-SM:
I am also doing 3 other mysteries

Which ones are you doing Marsha? Can you post links to the site or email them to me?

Thanks!

Karyn

Karyn, I TRIED!  I guess I need to PM them to you (you will need to accept me as friend).  My post with links went to moderator!  I guess they don't want us to send anyone to another site!  I will try that now.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,378
Points 48,830
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:57 PM

I finally discovered how to get my pictures online, so I laid out my mq7 to take a photo and now I can't find my camera.  OMG, I think I lost it.  It was in my purse -- not there now. I have looked everywhere.  Went back to my LQS where I had opened my purse yesterday  -no luck.  The only other place I can think of is the podiatrist's office when I was there yesterday before the LQS.  Of course, they aren't open today.  Grrrrreat!

Well, anyway while I was at the LQS, I picked up my quilt that had been at the longarmers.  Guess I'll just go work on it. 

I'm sick about the camera though, my son got it for me for my birthday 2 years ago.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 5:29 PM

Brooke, it looks like you cut your blocks on both diagonals.  Zsofia cut hers in half  not in quarters so you both did your own design.  The results on both came out nicely.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 5:31 PM

Marsha, I love all your blues, looks good.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

In case you missed - QCA Mandy posted this in the discussion on MQ7

QCA Admin:

Hello All,

There has been a small hiccup with the directions. I want to make sure they are correct before I post them. I apologize for any inconvenience, but I would rather have them late and correct than posted now and not correct. Thanks for understanding :)

QCA Mandy

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 6:11 PM

And I am very sorry that I haven't been able to keep the instructions coming at the right pace.   I am feeling better today but everytime I think that I can do a little something I fall asleep.  I guess my body knows best.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 6:18 PM

Mandy does have the correct instructions and will probably post this step on Monday.  Again so sorry for the holdup.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Page 100 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use