Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 99 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:29 AM

Brooke, I really like this layout and wish I could try it with mine but I still can't get how you did this.  Were you able to see your vision before you cut anything?  I'm going to go back to your original post and see if I could understand what you did.  I'm still playing around with my layout and nothing is standing out as yet.  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:38 AM

OOPS, it seems this layout was ZSofia's baby, sorry Zsofia.  Did you have a vision before you cut your blocks?  I'm not sure I should try this unless maybe I'll pin instead of cut before I proceed.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 185

Thanks for the dimensions on size.  This will be a good one to practice my "quilting on a domestic sewing machine"  I have learned.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,840

Marie:
I really like this layout and wish I could try it with mine but I still can't get how you did this

Marie, I was also really interested in the layout done by Zsofia and Brooke.  It looks to me like they cut their blocks twice on the diagonal (like a big X) and then rearranged them. I love the look.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:06 AM

I went back and it seems Zsofia squared to 8.5 first, got lost after that, thanks Judy I'll see what I can do with pins first.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:13 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Marie:
I really like this layout and wish I could try it with mine but I still can't get how you did this

Marie, I was also really interested in the layout done by Zsofia and Brooke.  It looks to me like they cut their blocks twice on the diagonal (like a big X) and then rearranged them. I love the look.

Judy and Marie- the layout is fairly easy. I squared the block up to 8 1/2" (made sure to always cut away from the smaller unit)  then I made 1 cut across the big square. So you end up with triangle units. I will post a photo I have a few extras left.

Zsofia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:23 AM

Marie:

I went back and it seems Zsofia squared to 8.5 first, got lost after that, thanks Judy I'll see what I can do with pins first.  :  )

Marie - this was an "accidental" designe. While I was working on the original layout a few blocks fell off the wall and kind of folded in half on the floor. So then I got really excited since this "quilt was talking to me" LOL.  Then I pined the blocks in half and put them back on the wall. Since I really liked it I squared the blocks up and cut/sew them back together. Hope it helps.

Zsofia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,840

Zsofia:
Judy and Marie- the layout is fairly easy. I squared the block up to 8 1/2" (made sure to always cut away from the smaller unit)  then I made 1 cut across the big square. So you end up with triangle units. I will post a photo I have a few extras left.

Zsofia. Thank you, I'm sure glad you corrected me, I was way wrong. Love the layout.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,523
Points 25,470
Debbie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:26 AM

I know, I've been so lokking forward to being able to sew all day today, my day off, without interuptions and no step 4.  Guess that means I'll have to work on one of the other two quilts I've got going and hopefully get all 3 done before the end of the year.  Big plans for someone who has sewed in almost 2 years!!  Oh, well - when given lemons make lemonade...

Also, must say this forum has become my new obsession.  I'm checking it everytime it says I have a new post via email.  I love reading about everyone's life and what's going on.  Now I really want to attend a retreat and meet you all. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:33 AM

Thanks Zsofia, the visual will help me immensely.  

Judy, who knows, you might have thought up another design.  I'll try it with pins and let you know.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:48 AM

Marie - here it is:

first square up:

Second cut across:

mix and match triangle units:

Zsofia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 375

Marie:

Deborah, your layout looks very nice, can't wait to see it done.

Thanks, Marie.  I'm afraid to make the first cut, but it's only fabric, right? :)

Zsofia, I do love your design (and fabrics) and I'm glad so many are going to be making quilts like it.  Brooke, your colors are beautiful and that design really makes them sing!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 70
Points 1,400
Leann replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:03 PM

I'm late getting started also - I have had so much to do and probably will not get a lot done on this project until after Christmas.  However I usually have several projects in various stages of development so this one looks like an easy one to add to my collection.

Leann

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Leann:
this one looks like an easy one to add to my collection.

It is easy Leann, you won't have any trouble doing it later. I probably will not get mine done until after Christmas. I was hoping to get the top done this weekend but since we did not get the directions for the next step, I think I'm going to have to put it all away and get it out later, but that is okay it will give me something to work on. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:55 PM

zsfoia, Thanks for the pictures.  I'm going to try this with another one since I already sewed my rows together.

Nana, hope you're feeling better.

Page 99 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use