Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 98 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Can somebody please share with a Newbie what exactly is a Mystery Quilt and where/how do I sign up?

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hi Kristin, welcome to the MQ7, you're here and there is no sign up. You can go to the groups section and go down to MQ7 and in the first pages are the instructions. You can also read a few of the comments to help you along. So many have posted pics in the media area, you can see many fabric choice and the cuts made.

have fun.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 206
Points 3,655

Marsha-SM:
I am also doing 3 other mysteries

Which ones are you doing Marsha? Can you post links to the site or email them to me?

Thanks!

Karyn

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Kristin:

Can somebody please share with a Newbie what exactly is a Mystery Quilt and where/how do I sign up?

Kristin, a MQ is where you get the directions one step at a time and you don't have any idea what the quilt is supposed to look like when you start. It has been fun for me, this is my first. It was a really short one and we still do not have this weeks directions so there is lots of time for you to jump in and give it a try.  Here is a link to the workshop:  MQ7

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Awesome!  Thank you!

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,213
Points 24,525
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 9:00 PM

Nana, did not know you had surgery.  Praying you are up and around soon

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Not Ranked
Posts 69
Points 1,235

I just wanted to say, this is my first Mystery Quilt, and I am really enjoying it. Can't wait to get the border on. It is such a colorful quilt and I will give it to my Son and DIL, for Christmas, since they will be moving overseas to a tropical island in Jan. I am going to call it " Pieces of the Heart " since my heart has gone into making this for them and they can always have pieces of my heart with them. Thanks so much for starting this project for us.

Quiltlady66

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 590
Me too, but I can't get it off the newsletter, and not finding out here either?

Blessings,

Pat F, Jamestown, NY

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 375

I've been on the busy side this week, so am just catching up with what people have done.  I must say the scrappy look is cute and everyone's colors are working great!  But, I just did a disappearing nine patch recently (which this quilt technique resembles) so I wanted something different.  I've been playing with a design tonight and came up with something I think I'll try.  With this design, most of the 9 x 8.5 blocks will be cut into 6" x 8.5 and 3" x 8.5" strips and I'll be cutting A LOT of white to  break them up.  I'll have to make long rows to sew together so I won't have to do any inset seams.  And, on the plus side, I'll have some big white blocks (since I only have 30 blocks to work with) which will allow some fancy-dancy quilting! :)

Here's my plan which I worked out on an Excel spreadsheet.  The colors are just to tell me the different piece sizes.  I suspect the real fabrics will make it a lot less modern looking.

ETA:  I revised the cutting sizes for this in case anyone downloaded the original.  My calculations were off to start with.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 115
RENATAP replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 11:12 PM

Just wondering when step 4 will be released. waiting patiently.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi RENATAP it is nice to meet you. As for the next step on MQ7, I'm not sure when it will be posted. Nana said that she got it to Admin late so she was not sure when they would post it so I guess we will have to wait. Nana had surgery so I'm surprised she got it done at all under the circumstances.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 150
Ladymax replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 6:02 AM

Thanks for this info Spudgrandma.  I was wonder what had happened.  This is my first MQ and it just seemed to stop.  I am sorry to hear about Nana and hope that all will be well with her.  I wll just wait for the next step and get on with another quilt.  As I do two quilts a week (small ones), there is always something to do.  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 6:55 AM

I was able to finish the center of my mystery yesterday but forgot to post it over here.  I have it put up with the remainder fabrics until the next step is posted but no rushsince I have a few other projects I could work on right now.  I did make two more blocks, but guess I didn't take a picture after that because I couldn't find it.  You will have to use your imaginations unti then...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:21 AM

Quiltlady66:
I am going to call it " Pieces of the Heart " since my heart has gone into making this for them and they can always have pieces of my heart with them.

QL66, love what you named your quilt, your DS and DIL will cherish it for sure. 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:23 AM

Deborah, your layout looks very nice, can't wait to see it done.

Millbury, MA

Page 98 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use