Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 96 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:33 AM

I just popped in to say that all the quilts look AWESOME so far!  It has kept me pumped to keep working on my own.  I will be putting my top together today and hope to post pictures tonight so that it will "officially" be done before the next step :)  Keep the pictures coming guys... this is the perfect way to drink my coffee in the morning!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 635
Points 16,195
Zsofia replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 9:15 AM

Karyn-Ashley and Marsha - I'm glad you like my block design! Of course you can use it (just make sure you square up the blocks! before cutting) adopt it :). that is why I shared it.  Now we just have to wait till tomorrow for the border instructions although I already have someting in mind ;).

Zsofia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Boy Wendy, you have been busy. Your quilts are lovely, are you making them as gifts?

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Brooke, I don't have my top all together yet either. I hope I can get it done today, but I have an appointment this afternoon so I may not get it finished before the next step comes out.

BTW, I look forward to seeing a picture of your. I like looking at everyones pics also.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:01 AM

I'm almost done with step 3.  Busy season.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 8,445
Jan replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:39 AM

My Granddaughter is having so much fun with this one.  I should have done a second one.  She won't let me do more than 1 of any step.  She does "let" me iron though.  We are not going to be done with step 3 until over this weekend. She was at her Dad's all weekend last week.  This week she has had a lot of school work to do.   She is with us this weekend though and she already put the pieces together to sew her blocks.  So unless something "important" comes up on the social scale, we will have 3 and 4 done over the weekend.  And she has picked out her "next" pattern.  She wants to make one for herself without a deadline.

Jan in Rochester NY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Jan:
My Granddaughter is having so much fun with this one.

That is so wonderful Jan, we need the next generation to have an interest in quilting. I love sewing with my granddaughter, she is almost ready to start learning to quilt - I sure wish she was closer.

Since your granddaughter won't let you play this time, you should just go ahead and start  your own. I bet you could be caught up in no time.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:27 AM

Jan, it is so cool that you have someone interested in this wonderful craft.  I went the opposite directions as you though... I introduced my mom into quilting!  I have tried to get my oldest daughter into it but she is at the stage that I am no longer cool lol.  I will have to try earlier on my youngest and my 8 year old son is showing a little interest too.  If I could get him to sit still and pay attention I would be a little more comfortable though :)

Well I put down my blocks and see I will need to make two more.  I didn't like the 6x6 grid as I am a rectangle kind of gal so I have to go back to the drawing board and see if I can make then to make it a 6x8 grid.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 8,445
Jan replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 1:23 PM

Spud,

I had to clean out my sewing room because of an electrical issue that needed rewiring (about Halloween). In doing that I found the top to MQ 3, which is now quilted and just awaiting binding. The finished top to MQ 4, which now has its borders and is waiting for a trip to the LQS for backing. The, what I thought was nearly finished top to MQ 5, not even close, but I did finish the blocks and am now squaring them...daylight only as there is still no electricity in the sewing room. So to bribe DH into letting me do the Bonnie Hunter one, I have to finish those 3.  MQ 6 is done, quilted and on Tessa"s bed. (the quilting granddaughter) and MQ 7 has a deadline.  If after all that and catching up with Bonnie Hunter I need a project, I have a few color thoughts for this one in a second quilt.

Brooke,

Don't worry about "having cooties" and "not understanding a thing the child says" because you are taboo, they do grow out of that stage.  I have 3 children and the oldest was the hardest.  But the youngest daughter sews and quilts and my son knits.  They may come around.  When I did MQ 5 I could barely get Tessa to look at the quilts and at what I was doing.  Come MQ 6 she took over and redesigned my scrappiness. Now she tells me to get my stuff off "her" cut table so she can keep caught up.  There is time.  Fortunately with her (at 14) although she has issues with each of her parents we are the "good guys".  We are the ones raising her and the parents are the ones putting up with most of the guff.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Jan:
So to bribe DH into letting me do the Bonnie Hunter one, I have to finish those 3.

Ok, I guess that is a legitimate reason not to do it. LOL I do think it is so cool that your GD is showing a real interest in quilting!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,195
MzA replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:23 PM

Hi Nana

Is it too late to join this mystery quilt group?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 419
Points 10,615
Donna replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:52 PM

its never too late to join

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 528
Points 10,865

Hi, MzA! Welcome to QCA. This mystery quilt sews up quickly and works with any colors and patterns of fabric you have. I hope you decide to join in the mystery. I believe there's a new step being revealed tonight.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

MzA:
Is it too late to join this mystery quilt group?

Hi MzA, it is nice to meet you. And, it is not too late, it goes together really quickly so jump right in...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:44 PM

Ladies

There is supposed to be a new step tonight but I didn't get it to Mandy quickly enough.  If she is unable to get it posted in the morning I will do my best to give everyone the instructions.   Again....I am sorry that I let this slip up on me.  I had just too many things to get ready before wed and forgot about this step.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 95
Page 96 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use