Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 91 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:19 AM

Oh Frances,  that is so  beautiful, soft & feminine.    I love it.      Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:25 AM

I like your colors, Spud.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:47 AM

Thanks Ginny,

I have really loved doing this one for me its been great no really small pieces.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

My granddaughter Emily's quilt just needs its binding now [Happy Dance!], but I think I'll do something else with my wild fabrics.  I don't think they'll do well in the MQ pattern as it's shaping up.  I'm not sure what they *will* do well in, either! 

On the other hand, that fabric description fits my youngest grandson's personality to a T ... or should I maybe say, a Q?  Josh is a senior in high school this year, and has always been 'a handful,' to put it gently.  I'm a bit of a rule-breaker myself, I was quite the tomboy; Josh and I have a special bond.  We're both unrepentant carnivores, for example, while the rest of the family is happy to munch rabbit food  :)

I've seen a pattern called 'up the escalator' in one of the magazines, and that may be the right home for my wild prints.  The blocks each have a darker stripe on one edge, and they're arranged so the stripes make steps across the quilt.  It looks easy to do (I *am* a rank beginner, after all!) and is stunning when finished. 

Now I'll have to go back to my stash and start all over for the MQ!  I like what Zsofia [forgive me if the name is mis-spelled, I can't go back to check] has done with her diagonal cuts, that really pops it up!  I have a lot of blues, and a dear friend whose favorite color is blue ... he's a complex and fascinating person, and Zsofia's design would suit him well.

-- Bayla  [goes off to see about a binding for Emily's quilt ... ]

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:38 AM

Zsofia:

MizPat - yes I just squared up the blocks to 8 1/2" making sure always cut from the smaller unit then I made a cut across the square (basically cutting the biggest unit in half). Then I put the "half triangle" units together to form a "framed in pinwheel". I ended up with 3pinwheel units per row. But as Judy mentioned it it could be an onpoint design.

Zsofia

I was wanting to do something like this but just couldn't figure it out with them being rectangles.  I just knew if I waited long enough someone would try it and help me figure out what to do.  Thank you so much for telling us how!  Now, off to the sewing room...

Oh yeah, your quilt looks beautiful by the way ;)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:02 AM

Very pretty Spudgrandma, I like it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:04 AM

Frances. I love the deep purples. It's very pretty.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:24 AM

Donna, Gini put her fairy panel in the center of hers.  I like yours as well with a center panel.  It'll make a lovely quilt.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:26 AM

Spud, I like your colors, very pretty.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:27 AM

Thanks Leslie, me too but not quite there yet.  I should've had less light fabrics I think?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:28 AM

OOH, I love your colors Frances, this will be very pretty when completed.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:36 AM

Everyones quilts are so pretty.  You guys have done a great job.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 10,540
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:38 AM

I have gotten so far behind. Debating whether I have time for this or not. I did get my son's B present done, and gave it to him early,,while he was here for Thanksgiving. I had a big scare. When they went home their van broke down on I 84 . Luckely they found someone one nice to give them a ride with their two dogs. They ended up going all the way into Portland. But my son left the quilt in the van. I was so worried about something happening to it. But in the morning I was sure it was all just material things and the point was that them and the dogs made it home safe. We were able to get a friend of my son's who lives between us to go clean out the van and bring their bikes and the quilt to them. But for a while there I was really wishing I hadnt work so hard to get the quilt done, and mailed it to him for his B day on the 4th. Maybe in the future I will make quilts for them but lock them up in the volt called my house until the world is safe haha

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:50 AM

I've caught up with step two.  I have to redo a couple blocks must've cut wrong.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,350
Points 28,505
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:03 AM

walla2butterfly:
But my son left the quilt in the van. I was so worried about something happening to it.

A similar thing happened to me!  One Christmas I knitted sweaters for everyone in the family - 16 sweaters, all complicated designs - - - - Our Nephew packed up his car to go back to college with his Aran sweater on top of the pile.  Of course, he didn't lock his car.  When he got back to the car, the sweater and all his belongings were gone!! 

Marsha - Western New York

Page 91 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use