Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 79 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:18 PM

Don't you just hate when you do something like that!  At least you see that it was hasty and will stick to it. I can't wait to see how it comes out. I had similar thoughts, I just didn't post them. I'm glad I kept at it. Still not put together yet though.

Mine is Christmas fabrics and I plan to just have it for a lap quilt around my house. Decided I will also get some machine free motion quilting practice with it. I want to quilt some motifs that will give it more interest.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 174,543
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:20 PM

Marie, I like your quilt, nice soft colors.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,450
Points 40,725
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:40 PM

weezee56:
I really like the was your quilt is coming together.

Thanks Weezee.  I'm sure yours will be just as nice. Everyone's step 3 is looking just fabulous. Keep up the great pictures.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,560
Points 118,390

Pretty colors Marie. I'm debating putting in sashing between the blocks. If I do, I'll probably square them up first. I think I'll wait and see what Nana has up her sleeve and be sure that's what I want to do. My colors are all over the spectrum so I kind of think I'm going to need the sashing. If I do that, I'll only make it 4 blocks wide by 5 deep for a small lap quilt. I like scrappy quilts and I think this pattern is going to have an old fashioned look that will be cozy and comforting.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,495
Christine replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:44 PM

Great Tutorial, Wendy!  Thank you for doing this....I feel better putting this together!  And LOVE your colors!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 23,310
Susie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:54 PM

I've barely started sewing mine together.  I've been fighting a migraine all day, so the sound of the sewing machine just isn't in the cards.

I am being semi-productive, though.  I have two quilts that need the binding finished up, so I'm hand sewing it as I can manage it.  It's difficult to concentrate, though, so I'm making really slow progress.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Barbara:

Bayla, tell him the thousands of dollors  he will save by her shipping these to you .better yet don't tell him when they get there

He knows it doesn't work that way LOL.  The more fabric I have, the more I daydream about quilts and the more I need to "fill in" -- it's neverending, and he's on to me :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Here's my second MQ7.  I told my DH this morning that I was going to sew today until I had blisters on my fingers! No blisters, but I'm done until mid-week when my black and white fabrics show up so I can finish Step #1 of Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street.

Mimi, Weezee, and Silverfox - thank you for the wonderful compliments. 

Looking forward to seeing more pics. 

Maryann

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,450
Points 40,725
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:07 PM

Susie:
I've been fighting a migraine all day

So sorry to hear you suffer from these dreadful headaches.  Hope you will be feeling better soon.  A good night sleep usually always helps me get rid of them but you are unique. Tomorrow will be better.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,560
Points 118,390

Maryann, I just love the way some of your fabrics gives a sparkle of snowflakes. Wonderful eye catchers. This is a truly beautiful quilt top so far.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,450
Points 40,725
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:10 PM

MaryAnn in MA:
Here's my second MQ7.

Another beauty, Maryann!  I love the way the snowflakes spin and sparkle through the quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,450
Points 40,725
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:16 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
My colors are all over the spectrum so I kind of think I'm going to need the sashing.

I'm loving the scrappy feel to your blocks, Judy.  I have that umbrella fabric in my stash too.  Your quilt will indeed be old-fashioned with all those different fabrics.  Can't wait to see what you do with it.  I'm almost finished piecing my twosies for the 4 patches in Easy Street.  Oh boy what a lot of stitching and cutting.  She said this would be easy.  I hope my easy and her easy have the same definition.  ; o )

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:19 PM

Hope you feel better soon.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:23 PM

Coming together really nice. Those snowflakes are flying.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:50 PM

I know it is hard for me to do scrappy.  I am going to finish it up and hoping Nanny does have something up her sleeve to finish it off different than the one I saw from Missouri Quilt tutorial.  If not oh well at least I used up so 1/4 yard cuts I had. :)

Page 79 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use