Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 78 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 26,445

that was going to be my question! 

also, I discovered (for those not as smart -like me - as some of these experienced quilters) that the  pieces from step 2  always sew the two the same order - mine are 3 1/2  x 5 1/2 on top of the 5 1/2 x 5 1/2  sewed with the 4 x 5 1/2 on top of the 4 x 3 1/2.  found out, too late and then had to rip out, that all must be the same.  quess that really says I'm been away from quilting too long.  It's not as random as I was amking it - does require some order to it, so all the blocks have same sizes in same space of the block. 

Hope this makes sense!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

When I was laying out my blocks, I discovered that I had sewn the 4" strips to the wrong side of the 5½" strips on all but three blocks. I ripped three of them apart and resewed so they matched all the others. I had to lay the blocks out opposite of the instructions. I only wish my little flowers were right side up rather than sideways. :-(     I still like it.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 365

Judy,

I was turning my blocks and realized that they were not square so I decided to square mine up. Here is my finished step 3:

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130

NIce explanation Wendy and the quilt is sweet as well.  WTG

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130

Kace:
Don't change it!

Thanks Kace!  Well I did tweek it a bit before I numbered it.  Trying to keep the similar fabrics from being too close to each other.  I've got it all picked up off the floor.  I'm liking everyone's sewed up so I may decide to just sew it together after I finish cutting and sewing all the 4 patches in Bonnie Hunter's MQ.  Thanks again for your kind words.  I'm glad I picked so many fabrics.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130

MaryAnn in MA:
I LIKE IT!!! I REALLY like it!

Me too!  If you don't know what you'd like to do with it when you are finished, I have a granddaughter who would absolutely love to have a purple quilt.  It's very sweet.  I like the way all your stripes go one way.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130

Marie:
Here is my finished step 3:

Thanks for sharing your process.  It's a wonderful color combination.  Don't you just wonder what will happen in the next step?  Oh I love the anticipation.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140

Marie,

I like the way that turned out. They all look good. I think mine might look better squared up because of my fabrics. I'll post a pic when I decide.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505

Wendy thank you so much.  I really appreciate your help.  Your explanation shows exactly how to sew it.  I will do some sewing this evening and post some pictures.  Thanks.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155

Mimi:
Here's to a quick quilt that is scrappy.
I really like the was your quilt is coming together. I have my pieces together with a pin right now will sew together in a little while.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155

Sorry should have been way your quilt, not was.........

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155

MaryAnn in MA:
I have my first choice of fabrics put together
I love the way your purples pop out at you. My SIL and DD would love your quilt,,,,,they both like purple alot.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 219
Points 3,805

Bayla Singer:

DH's sister called a few minutes ago, and when she found out I've become a quilter she offered to ship me her "cabinets and cabinets full of fabric" ... DH responded "Don't you dare!"

LOL

She can ship them here :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 219
Points 3,805

OK, I'm ashamed of my hasty reply earlier. I guess I was hoping for something a little more...intricate. I will play with the blocks and see what comes out. I'm sure it will be beautiful. I was thinking this might make a great gift for my mom...but I'm not so sure at this moment. We will see after I lay them out, and what next week brings.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453

MaryAnn, I really like the way your quilt turned out, such pretty colors.

Millbury, MA

Page 78 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use