Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 76 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 74 75 76 77 78 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,515
Francine replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:20 AM

I missed backgrund material talk, I thought the other material was borders

Francine

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 375
DeborahC53 replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:26 AM

I think most are correct about the design.  I don't think there's going to be any surprises because in Step 3 she's already sewn the rows and has shown the quilt put together on her design wall.  But, this is what I expected since it was advertised as a quick quilt and after the first slice and dice, it seemed like the logical progression.

Saying that, though, I may do something different with it - possibly sashing, putting the blocks on point, or only using some of the blocks in an offset pattern.  Or I may just complete as suggested since I currently don't have a scrappy quilt like this.  IAC, I don't think I'll sew the rows together at this point and will wait to confirm what the next step is before going forward.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:27 AM

Pearl:
I have a pile that are 5 1/2 inches and a pile that are 4 inches. and then the pile that are 2 1/2 inces   Do we sew the pile that are 5 1/2  inches together and the ones that are 4 inches together?

pearl,

Take  a 51/2 inch strip, and sew it to a 4 inch strip. make sure that you flip the strips so that the seams don't match.

make sure you flip so that seams don't match up          

5 1/2 inch                                                                                     4 inch       

with right sides together, sew

press open, now you have your block

by the time you do this, I will have picks of  how to do the rows for you.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:30 AM

OK sorry Right  Face Down and Right Face Up  Just flip the two stacks and set them to the side of the machine pick up one that is face down and put it RST to the other fabric. the 4" cut will be at opposite ends of the new unit.

Candy:

Caryl Anne:

... turn them over RFD stack .....   RFU pick up one 

What is RFD and RFU?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:38 AM

Francine, I went back and read everything I could find on this MQ and you're right, the other fabric is for the border and there's no mention of background fabric.

Deborah, I will wait for the next instructions as well.  

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:42 AM

Marie:
the other fabric is for the border and there's no mention of background fabric.

My apologies to all, especially Marie and Francine.  My fingers typed background when I told them to type borders.  Sometimes they just don't follow my brain's directions.  LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:51 AM

Hey, lots of photos.  Here's mine.  Showing what would be the blocks and how they might go together. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:52 AM

I am going to play with mine for awhile, and see if there is something else I can do.  That has been one of the fun things about the MQs.  People alter the patterns to make it something of their own, and it has been fun to see what they come up with. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

I'm with everybody else on design. I'm a little disappointed especially since after picking my first set of fabrics, which were "okay," and I saw everybody else's Christmasy themes, I went stash shopping again. Found some cute snowman fabric that I love and found 15 other fabrics to go with it so I'm making two!! I was so disappointed when I saw this step, but I will stick with it and finish the tops even if they are to practice quilting...someday. :-)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 12:20 PM

Here's to a quick quilt that is scrappy.  I feel like the rest of you about the design but I'm kinda glad that at this busy time of year I won't be making another UFO. Some of my more difficult MQ's are still waiting to be finished.   The top is simple enough to get it together quickly.  I'll do some basic quilting and can give it to someone for a present IF I don't like the way it turns out.  But I'm willing to wait and see.  Here are my blocks set out on my den rug without being sewed together.  I'm going to mark them with row and number and wait to see what happens next Friday before I sew. 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 206
Points 3,655

Mimi:

Here's to a quick quilt that is scrappy.  I feel like the rest of you about the design but I'm kinda glad that at this busy time of year I won't be making another UFO. Some of my more difficult MQ's are still waiting to be finished.   The top is simple enough to get it together quickly.  I'll do some basic quilting and can give it to someone for a present IF I don't like the way it turns out.  But I'm willing to wait and see.  Here are my blocks set out on my den rug without being sewed together.  I'm going to mark them with row and number and wait to see what happens next Friday before I sew. 

I'm with the rest of you...I'm going to wait and see. I'm glad you shared your layout...I may just have to play with mine and see what I can do...but so far,...not impressed with this mystery :(

If anyone comes up with a way to use their blocks. let me know :) I'll be searching around as well, since I cut a bazillion!

I will play with mine and lay them out and see what I think...... and wait for the next step before I sew.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 12:44 PM

Mimi, I actually like the MQ7 now that I've seen your layout.  It's a scrappy and I love it.  I think that it might have a piano key border, not sure about that though.  Maybe that's the surprise, we'll have our choice of border, end to end or piano style.  Nana's not saying a word but I bet she's doing a lot of laughing and smiling.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 20,805
Carol W replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 12:47 PM

Mimi, love your quilt so far.  Great colors and great scrappy!  Can't wait to get time to put mine together.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Uh oh. Are the blocks square? Mine are 9" x 8½".  Please tell me they're not! Please?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 12:53 PM

Marie:
Mimi, I actually like the MQ7 now that I've seen your layout.

Thanks Marie.  I was thinking it would look good with a piano key border too.  But I found another border I'm just dying to use so we will see.  And as far as Nana goes, I bet you're right on the money Marie.

Page 76 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 74 75 76 77 78 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use