Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 74 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Margeh it is nice to meet you and I'm so glad you are going to do the MQ with us.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235
weezee56 replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 12:12 AM

Still couldn't get it small enough for here, so if you would lilke to see my step 2 please go to my Gallery, I could post it there. What is the difference?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 12:39 AM

I just finished cutting my fabrics for this project. I'll start sewing when I get up (going to bed).

I had misplaced my fabrics and found them just before I headed out to work yesterday.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Patti, I have my share of UFOs, but my granddaughter NEEDS this quilt NOW.  So I made a rule for myself that it gets finished before I start another.  I hope to send it off by the first week in December, at the rate I'm going.

Then full speed ahead on the mq and other UFOs (including a gorgeous thing from Jennie Rayment's class at the Mancuso show).

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 483
Points 9,155
Jan replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:59 AM

Patti,

My DH firmly said I could NOT begin MQ 7 until I finished MQ's 3,4,5 and 6.  Well this is in my bloodline now.  hence the 4 he thought undone. So, as soon as the fabric requirements came up I hopped right on finishing.  MQ 6 was done last June.  It is on our granddaughter's bed...at our house! (he forgot about that one). MQ 3 was quilted last week and just needs the binding.  I need to go buy backing for MQ 4 and found the directions for a totally unfinished MQ 5, but no pieces.  After much searching I found the top pieces and yesterday and Monday worked diligently on that one.  The fabric came for MQ 7 last Friday. He printed the 2nd set of instructions and asked me why I wasn't doing this one. (no printer here, so he does all my printing at work.)  I was quite impressed that he knew to print the instructions! 

Well I didn't buy fabric for MQ 7 as he requested, rather I bought fabric for our granddaughter's Project Compassion quilt.  It just happens to have worked out to be one and the same :). 

Happy Thanksgiving to all out there celebrating with your loved ones this week

Jan in Rochester NY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,404
Points 21,100

Patti:

Bayla Singer:
Seeing everyone's progress has re-energized me to finish my granddaughter's quilt so I can get started on the MQ7! 

What?  We are supposed to finish a quilt before starting another?   I didn't hear that!

I never got that memo either.  Not sure what that crazy lady is talking about.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,598
Points 26,880
Debbie replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 1:22 PM

I've figured out some of the abbreviations but what's DH?  never mind - darling husband!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 12:13 AM

Debbie,

click here for a list of some of the acronyms used on the site.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,598
Points 26,880
Debbie replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:58 AM

Thanks, Kris!  found it and it helped. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 10:51 AM

Kris:

Debbie,

click here for a list of some of the acronyms used on the site.

Kris, thanks for the list!  I would love to go on a FART.....hee hee.........instead of always buying online.

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

I'm enjoying looking at all the colour arrangements.  I finished this step last evening.  I'm of two minds about the colour scheme as I think it lacks something, but am not sure what.  But at this point it is what it is. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 2:14 PM

Bev :
Kris, thanks for the list!  I would love to go on a FART.....hee hee.........instead of always buying online.

LOL. FARTs are always good.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 9:23 PM

So where are the hordes of quilters chanting "We want the next clue!"  Don't tell me a little turkey distracted everyone from our mission!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 9:39 PM

MNnancy:
So where are the hordes of quilters chanting "We want the next clue!"  Don't tell me a little turkey distracted everyone from our mission!

No, it was the southwestern pumpkin flan.  And my daughter has taken back her room, where all the sewing stuff is. 

But I am ready for the next step. 

the other night, DH came into my sewing room and saw me working on the last step.  He asked what it was and I said, "oh just another quilt I haven't finished yet.  thought I would work on it."  He fell for it, didn't think  it was something new!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,478
Points 41,325
Mimi replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 9:41 PM

MNnancy:
 Don't tell me a little turkey distracted everyone from our mission!

DH and I were finished with turkey and all the cleaning up about 4 1/2 - 5 hours ago.  No family here, just us chickens.  The football game is boring so I'm hoping to stay up and get the newest step tonight.  How about you?

Page 74 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use