Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 70 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Patti, your fabrics are very pretty, I think the dark purple will really pop.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Tracy, your quilt is going to be so bright and very scrappy - I love scrappy quilts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

CarylAnn, your fabrics are very nice and when you are done you will have a lovely Christmas Quilt.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
unique replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:59 AM

Nana: looking for instruction  requirements etc. can not find them, today is Monday the 19th. what's my problem ? The click here 's don't take me there.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Unique, on your home page on the left hand side, look for the heading Community Fun and the link to the instructions is there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

BTW Unique, I wanted to say Hi and it is nice to meet you.

In case you are still having trouble finding the workshop, here is the link:   MQ7

Here is a link to the group:   Mystery Quilt 7 Group

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:12 PM

Marie:
and you guessed it, I cut at 3.5" on one block so I need to cut and stitch for one more block

Glad to hear it was only one block, Marie, so not too hard to redo.  It's nice we can un-sew, but I guess we can't un-cut.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:27 PM

I finally got my instructions to print !   A program was deleted from my printer! Got pieces sewed last nite.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:33 PM

That's great news, Is...don't forget to show us a pic, if you can!

Marie, I agree that it's a good thing it was only one block! I personally will be waiting to the end of this MQ, to see how to use all 84 of my mis-cut strips!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:37 PM

84???  I must have missed that post.  Did you have enough fabric to keep going, or did you choose something else?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 201
Points 3,585

Is there a way to search the posts by person? I'd love to see some of the pictures posted again, but can't search through 70 pages!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 201
Points 3,585

Tracy:

That's great news, Is...don't forget to show us a pic, if you can!

Marie, I agree that it's a good thing it was only one block! I personally will be waiting to the end of this MQ, to see how to use all 84 of my mis-cut strips!

I'm sure you could always use them on the back? Or in another scrappy project? LOVE the color in your world. MN Nancy, 

i'd love to see your colors again

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:45 PM

Just jumped in for a moment, wanted to see the newest fabrics posted before heading out. Again such great choices, have you gone to post in the media, it is the place for posting our progress & more people to see. I had to jump back to page 63 to see a picture I wanted to reveiw.
For Newbies: please go to media and post when you have time. it is easy to do then you can also post in your own gallery.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:46 PM

Hi all!
Tracy remember you are going to have some borders to make, perhaps if you have enough mis-cuts you can do a pieced piano key border , you can define the top of the quilt or piece it into corner blocs for the 5.5" outer border.  I would be using a bit of graph paper to see what I could do to use it up. Also, you can do a wide strip scrappy to use in the middle or one third cut for the back of the quilt, Oh so many different things to experiment with.
MN Nancy.. yep that is the one, if I had seen that in the store I would have wanked past it thinking the colors wouldn't work in small cuts, but as I see it that fabric has become the back bone of your top. What a wonderful design element., and of course you already know we love your color choices of the co-ordinating pieces.I went back to page 63 to look again at them all cut and ready to go on to step 3. Just lovely, so free and blended at the same time.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:48 PM

MNnancy - yes, I did have enough! I had originally cut all my 5.5 x 9.5 strips all the wrong way, so had to start over. Was ready to give up at that point, but decided to look at the loss as an "AFGO" (if you're not familiar with what that is, a less colorful way to say it is: "Another Friggin' Growth Opportunity") and make some sort of coordinating something or other to go with this quilt!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Page 70 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use