Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 69 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:44 PM

Everyone's colors are coming together so well.  Here's my step 2.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:45 PM

Well the dark purple is not quite that dark. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:46 PM

Wow! Everybody's stuff is looking sooooooooooooo good! I feel like a real wild woman with my fabric choices here, compared to the well-coordinated groups I've been seeing, but oh well! After sewing and cutting for step 2, I still do like the funky way this is turning out, so far. Hopefully it will all come together well in the end. I HAVE learned to not doubt myself so much in the beginning stages, because in the end something beautiful and unique always comes out of it. Here are my colorful 4" cuts...can't wait for step 3 Friday - I am NOT participating in Black Friday shopping this year, so I will be able to get right to it, WOOHOO!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:04 PM

After seeing your Tracy, coordinated looks drab.  Love the color.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

MNnancy:

Karyn, your fabrics are pretty.  Do you have more of the black background with orange and yellow flowers?  That would like nice in the border, I think, because it really pulls all your colors together.

Sadly, no :( That was actually a few placemats I "up-cycled" into this quilt (Nothing is safe in this house! LOL!). I do have more of a couple of the others that have the black/orange/green/gold (one of the striped pieces, but not sure how much I have left now LOL!) Will have to see how it comes together before I start freaking out about borders. This was all from my stash, hoping to complete it like that too....but, I guess, if I HAVE to go to the fabric store......*grin*

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Mrs.O's Mystery is ready to cut, but I have to wait until Friday to see what I want to do; I might do this as a quilt as you go project, so first I want to see how big a quilt top I am going to make. When sewing, I only had one piece of fabric that I would have changed out of sequence but I left it, they are two snowman fabrics together. Oh Well !!  I sure enjoyed seeing and reading all the messages, but really there were 9 pages of hellos and wows.. lol  I’d like to say a WOW to all of you who have shared the pictures, and special shout out to MsMoomMist with those wonderful  state flowers, and another to Trayc’s beautiful  brights, hope you have a bit of the lavender paisley left to share in the paisley swap..lol and you just have to love the fun Christmas fabrics. I do anyway. The Blue and Blue is going to be just awesome, & MNNancy.. I hope it is yours that I am thinking about the one that has that great orange fabric that is a bit of a wavy pattern. LOVE it. Karyn your fabrics are lovely, & who was it that had those purples, pinks and green fabrics one of them reminded me of the swirly fabric (black) I had a while back.  OK I just think everyone has done a wonderful job so far, can’t wait to see more pics in media.
Oh and BTW I haven’t chosen border fabric as yet, main reason is I probably will go with a small Christmas stripe, if it looks like I can use it. We will see in the final step. I looked at some of Jinny Beyer border fabrics & I watched a you tube video on her designing process. 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 60
Janni61 replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:50 AM

I made a lovely shabby quilt for my friends daughter with this fabric  - looks beautiful!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 60
Janni61 replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:57 AM

I made a lovely shabby quilt for my friends daughter with this fabric and it turned out beautiful.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:21 AM

Tracy:

I feel like a real wild woman with my fabric choices here, compared to the well-coordinated groups I've been seeing, but oh well! 

Tracy, your "wild" fabrics are eye-catching and not overdone because you have enough near-solids to balance it well.  Good choices!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 450
Points 8,565
Jan replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:23 AM

Hcim55, a "field trip".  I am usually up for a field trip. I would love to go.  I think I would opt for a January day trip myself.  Have 4 full quilts for Christmas gifts in the works plus the 2 the granddaughter got me into.  So my plate is full for a couple of weeks.  But a "field trip" in January to meet new friends.  Ahhh that sings to me.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:34 AM

Caryl Anne:
I hope it is yours that I am thinking about the one that has that great orange fabric that is a bit of a wavy pattern. LOVE it.

Thanks, Caryl Anne.  If this is the fabric you are talking about, it's the one that caught my eye in my stash that I built the rest of the choices around.  There's plenty left, so I hope I can find a way to incorporate more of it into the border.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 165
Carmen replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:48 AM

OMG!!! the fabrics are gorgeous. I don't even have mine picked out yet. Since I'm new to the group I've enjoyed reading all the chats and seeing the pictures. You Girls are way too much fun.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 8:14 AM

WOW! The fabrics get better and better as we get to the next steps.  Well I had a mis-step last night after a day of shopping.  I decided to sew half my fabrics in step 2 and cut the 4" across and you guessed it, I cut at 3.5" on one block so I need to cut and stitch for one more block.  That'll teach me to try and do anything when I'm tired.  Will post pics when I finish the other half of step 2.

Millbury, MA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 8:17 AM

My mother and grandparents had a farm in Afton, NY.  Use to visit there.  Haven't been there in over 35 years.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:09 AM

Tracy, your "wild" fabrics are eye-catching and not overdone because you have enough near-solids to balance it well.  Good choices!

Thank you, MNnancy. I am hoping that with a black/other dark border, it will help bring everything together. Either way, it's definitely against the grain and out of my comfort zone, which is what I wanted to do for my first MQ!

I am thoroughly enjoying this group. Everyone is so supportive and chatty, I just love reading all the posts and following how everyone is doing. This is definitely my first of MANY online quilting ventures through QCA!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Page 69 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use