Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 68 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,615
Wendy replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 3:56 PM

just finish  step 2 I have all three cut out and step two complete.   Is is Friday yet?.........

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 3,065
Sheila replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 3:59 PM

If you are frustrated with running out of a particular fabric, just be like me; buy scads of it for just in case scenarios.  I consider any chunk of fabric under 5 yards as a scrap

Remember; she who dies with the most fabric....WINS!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Wendy :
Is is Friday yet?.........

Nope, but we do have Thanksgiving to distract us this week, so maybe it won't be as bad LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Sheila:
Remember; she who dies with the most fabric....WINS!
     No way I'm ever winning this one LOL

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 215
AnnieB replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:18 PM

Wow very similar to mine

Great minds   : -)

Annie B

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Yes, Gini, Joyce Brenden is my friend -- her daughter Kim is my friend as well, it's a long story. 

She's not only fun, she's incredibly brave I think, to move to a new place where she didn't know a soul (I live two and a half hours drive away).  She's given up her car, too, and walks for miles every day ... whatta womman!  She's very helpful, too, a great boon for this newcomer to quilting. 

-- Bayla

==============================

gini:

hi bayla, are you a friend of joyce?  she's a lot of fun.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:22 PM

Jan:

Brooke,

Are you closer to Syracuse?  Born there and grew up there and my in-laws still live there.  There are a number of nice quilt shops in the Syracuse area as well.  I would be willing to come to the Syracuse area, "play" all day and take my 91 year-old mother in law out to dinner afterword if that becomes the plan.

Jan  in Rochester NY

I am actually 1.5 hours south of Syracuse.  Pretty much in the middle between there and Binghamton.  Have you heard of Norwich.  I am right there in that area.  I do like Syracuse though... so many shopping options :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:15 PM

HI Pat very nice.I hope mine looks as good.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:29 PM

Started on step 2, almost have all the sewing done.  Ran out of bobbin thread, so I am taking a break.

I decided when I cut out for 40 blocks that I would cut out 2 more.  Well, my mind went into cruse control and I just kept going until I had cut for not two, but 10 more blocks.  Now I have 50.  Well, I am going to stick with 50 for now, and then decide what to do with the extra.  I could cut more out and make it 8 x7 blocks.  But not sure I want to go there.  Will just wait and see.  Maybe go with 7 x 7, and use the extra some other way.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 209
Points 3,700

OK, I've finished step 2.... but decided to make a few extra blocks since I'm already out of control LOL....I'll end up with either 3 small or 2 med :O

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

Your colors look lovely!

i am eager to complete step one( just my darks are cut) and hop into step two.

just came back from San Diego where my husbands Uncle was buried at age 98!

He was a Monsignoir in the priesthood a had an Epic life! It was wonderful to visit with cousins from ireland 's and California, as well as meet men who where his Altar boys from the 1950's in Needles California and other parishners from various churches in Point Loma. He was retired for 20 years so we were really surprised to have so many people to attend..  San Diego weather is beautiful! No wonder he had such a long life.

Back to quilting work and thanksgiving prep!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

These are really pretty colors. And modern too so Its hard to believe they are out already.

The greys red and aquas are really current,

I can't wait to see the quilt!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Love your colors Karyn!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:29 PM

Karyn, your fabrics are pretty.  Do you have more of the black background with orange and yellow flowers?  That would like nice in the border, I think, because it really pulls all your colors together.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 895
Jennifer replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:23 PM

Well, I did Step Two today and I like how it's looking! Here's a picture with all of the cuts so I couldn't quite fit them all on, and the picture is kind of blurry, but you get the idea. I have 46. Can't wait for the next step!

Jen

• | Post Points: 50
Page 68 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use