Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 66 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 483
Points 9,155
Jan replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:18 AM

The quilt shop we visited was just outside Avon.  It is called Mt. Pleasant Quilts.  We really did have fun!.  I agree with Marsha. We definitely need another "field trip" in the spring.

Jan in Rochester NY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 483
Points 9,155
Jan replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:23 AM

Brooke,

Are you closer to Syracuse?  Born there and grew up there and my in-laws still live there.  There are a number of nice quilt shops in the Syracuse area as well.  I would be willing to come to the Syracuse area, "play" all day and take my 91 year-old mother in law out to dinner afterword if that becomes the plan.

Jan  in Rochester NY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 483
Points 9,155
Jan replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:26 AM

Marsha,

Love the blues.  I had a lot of similar ones in MQ 6.  Tessa and I are taking pics for all that I have finished later today.  Hopefully we will get them up.  If not I will just have to bring it with me when we next meet up.

Jan in Rochester, NY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 483
Points 9,155
Jan replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:41 AM

Kendall,

Webster is just a few minutes from me.  I live in the city in the Kodak park area. We absolutely should plan on getting together after the holidays. I LOVE this big wonderful kinship of quilters here at QCA, but somehow meeting in person makes it even more real.

Jan in Rochester, NY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Last weekend, I went to the Mancuso quilt show here in West Palm Beach.  It blew me away!  All that gorgeous fiber art, from very traditional to very modern, with a level of craftsmanship that made me cry with frustration and envy. 

The last day, I took along a camera, but the batteries died on me overnight and I couldn't take pictures.  Alas! 

If you ever have a chance to take a class with Jennie Rayment, I'd suggest you do so; she's a good teacher, and very lively.  A hoot, to use one of her own Britishisms.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

There are a good half-dozen or so excellent quilt shops, large and small, in the mid-Florida belt.  I have a good friend and fellow quilter (she's a QCA member, encouraged me to join) who moved to Kissimmee last year.  I visit her every few months, and we spend several days driving westward to the Tampa area, "locally" in Orlando, and eastward to the coast. 

I visited some friends last September in the Norfolk-Portsmouth area of Virginia, and was treated to a tour of several lqs there.  Amazing!  I'm told that when I return, there are more shops waiting for me :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:48 AM

hi bayla, are you a friend of joyce?  she's a lot of fun.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 115
PatBee replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:07 PM

Just finished up step 2. 

These are my finished 4in by 8.5in.

Pat B

Southeast MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Pat, nice to meet you. I'm so glad you joined the MQ. Your fabric is very pretty, it is going to make a colorful quilt.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 115
PatBee replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:22 PM

Thanks Spudgrandma. Nice to meet you too.  Am really having fun with this MQ.

Pat B

Southeast MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Me too Pat, this is my first MQ and so far so good...and I'm not behind :-)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 1:06 PM

Here's mine, just went with the ramdom picks just made sure no colors or pattern pieced together.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 1:14 PM

Bayla Singer:

Last weekend, I went to the Mancuso quilt show here in West Palm Beach.  It blew me away!  All that gorgeous fiber art, from very traditional to very modern, with a level of craftsmanship that made me cry with frustration and envy. 

The last day, I took along a camera, but the batteries died on me overnight and I couldn't take pictures.  Alas! 

Balya, I went on the last day Sat. and you are so right the quilts were outstanding. This was my third visit there and I come away either wanting to come home and burn my stuff or learn to do some of the quilting that they do myself.

I went thinking I would only take a few pictures only of the ones that sang to me, but before I made it half way thru the whole darn chorus was singing to me. I have quite a few pictures. LOL Did you vote for your favorite red and white quilt? I voted for the red work, hand pieced and hand quilted one. Can't wait for next year.

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 1:29 PM

Ahhhh Mt. Pleasant, very pleasant people...hence the name, 😊.  If anyone is interested.... How about Material Rewards in Dansville also a great shop. Actually I think you could make it to both shops in a one day trip.  I am brave enough for a "cabin fever" shopping day....... On a clear crisp winters day.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,349
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 1:34 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know your fabrics are all wonderful.I have not done step two yet as my machine is tied up quilting. I Hope to get them done before friday.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 66 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use