Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 65 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 373
Points 4,980
Annette replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:06 PM

Debbie:

Hi, Bayla.  Anyone here from midwest - Oklahoma maybe?

Hi Debbie - I'm in the midwest, central Iowa.

Annette

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,670
Bonita replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:15 PM

Everyones step 2s are looking good. There's going to be a lot of pretty quilts from this MQ.

Nancy, I have done step two. I will take a picture and show you how pretty they look.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

i guess I'd better chat more!  Y'all have met me and my fabrics -- those were the bright ones that made your eyes hurt :)  I've been kind of quiet, haven't cut my mq7 strips yet, I need to finish my gd's quilt first!  She swears "it gets cold at night in the winter" in Los Angeles! 

I tried to upload a pic of her quilt top, but it's too large a file.  I'll have to make the file smaller somehow first.  I think I can do it with my graphics program, wish me luck!  The program is professional-grade, but I'm not, LOL..

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,013
Points 15,470
weezee56 replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:27 PM

Mimi:
It's about warmth and love, right?

I'm glad to be here QCA, this is the first MQ. I'm going to make mine 6x7 blocks. I did chose fabric that I had liked enough to buy a long time ago. Hopefully they will like each other and play nice together. I guess we will see.I love reading everyones posts, I learn alot from them.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 10,945
Donna replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:46 PM

I have 36 cut to do 6X6 but I probably should do do 6/7.  Thats means I need 6 more sets.  MMMMM let me go check out my purples and see I can come up with 6 more prints.  What am I saying,,,, purples,  of course I have six more prints  lol.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

ok, that's the granddaughter's quilt top.  I don't remember whose feet those are - the pic was taken last August, at my daughter's place in Arcata CA. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

The prints in the granddaughter's quilt are all black and white, though somehow they look blue in the pic.  She wanted to be able to play checkers with her stuffed animals, but I did the math and told her they wouldn't fit on her bed and I would be doggoned if I would do all that work and *plan* to have it on the floor!  So she settled for making yoyo "checkers :)  Now I really have to get that finished SOON!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 895
Jennifer replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:26 PM

Ooh...I'm another displaced Western New Yorker. I grew up in Attica, NY and I *hope* to return soon. :) 

Just had to throw that in there...

Jen

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 895
Jennifer replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:27 PM

Marsha,

I just went to the Mt. Pleasant Quilting Company when I was home in October. It's actually in York, NY and I LOVED it there. :)

Jen

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:50 PM

Bayla

Beautiful quilt top.  I can see why your granddaughter is in a hurry to get it,

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 7:26 AM

My goodness, I have been away for a few days and look at all the posts of the beautiful fabrics.  wow..  I did manage to get my step 2 done.  Looking forward to Friday.  Happy sewing

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Holy Cow, the colors of this Mystery Quilt are fabulous... Bright & Cheery. Love them all.
Here is my next steps. Finished them up yesterday, now where is Friday when you need (him) ah it.

The picture was a bit blurred, by not too bad now.

Have a great Sunday!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 7:59 AM

Marsha-SM:

kwag:

Marsha,

I'm located in Rochester, area. This is also my 1st MQ with this site. I'm looking forward to it.  Wanted to post my choices to get some feed-back on them before I move to step 2 .

Kendall,   I am also happy to meet someone else in our side of the state.  We are about 80 mi south of Webster, but I grew up across the Bay in Irondequoit.

I lived in Pittsford for less than a year in 2005 -06 (and in temp housing in Webster for about a month) .  I went to a quilt show at Patricia's in E. Rochester where I met Carol Taylor (before I knew who Carol Taylor was!) .  I fell in love with her work right away but passed on an opportunity to take an upcoming class and I've been kicking myself ever since!

If it wasn't for the fact that you've got winter and spring up there, I'd seriously consider moving back! LOL   My job was in the art district in Rochester and I just loved going to work every day!  I didn't work IN the arts, just among them :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:52 AM

Hey Marsha & Mnnancy,

Thanks for the input!  I had almost decided before I woke up this morning I would be making the 2 additional squares to make 42.  So, a little more cutting before I can start sewing!  Now, the big decision, more of the same, or one more color choice...  It's also laundry day, so we'll see how far I get.

Beve

Page 65 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use