Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 64 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Bayla, it is nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 11,120
Donna replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:13 PM

I too am ready for step 3.  I started pulling fabrics for the Bonnie Hunter MQ and was amazed to discover that I have NO black on white.  All of mine are White on black.  I also didnt have enough of 1 gray.  Started to head to Joanns but then remembered that I am going there on Wednesday for the door buster,  The full roll of cotton batting, a $250.00 value for 99.00.  I cannot pass that one up and I have a $25.00 gift card that my daughter gave me for my bd that I can use also.

As I was looking through "stuff" in my sewing room,  I found the fabric selection that I put together to the "Willow Garden" featured in the Woods collection by McKenna Ryan using Hoffman California Fabrics.  I put this together before I left to see the kids and forgot about it.  It says that it is for beginners, but looking at the directions I am not sure.  But then again if I would have seen all the directions for the Craftsy BOM,all at once (which I am working on the sashing part now) I am sure that I would never have attempted it.  But thanks to Amy taking us a month at a time,  I have learned several new techniques and loving the outcome.  So I guess I will just take the willow garden a step at a time also.I just dont know.  Maybe I will wait till I have a little more experience under my belt.

Then in January Amy is going to start another BOM on her blog, I signed up for that also.  So many quilts, so little time.  lol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:26 PM

kwag:

Marsha,

I'm located in Rochester, area. This is also my 1st MQ with this site. I'm looking forward to it.  Wanted to post my choices to get some feed-back on them before I move to step 2 .

Kendall,   I am also happy to meet someone else in our side of the state.  We are about 80 mi south of Webster, but I grew up across the Bay in Irondequoit.  Jan and I met up this summer at Tom Wahls in Avon and went to a quilt shop in the area.  I just got a few fat quarters and some yardage of quilt labels (which I haven't used yet).  Maybe all three of us can meet up some time (when the weather is nice - probably in Spring or Summer). 

I like your fabrics.  Have fun with the cutting and sewing.  This seems to be a quick and easy quilt - - - so far!!  Who knows what Nana has up her sleeve for this one!  My blues are all ready for the next step.  Will post a picture soon.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:43 PM

Hi ladies.....another western New Yorker here...Angelica to be exact. Second mystery quilt here. I did the Mq6. Enjoying mq7 so far. Question.... Was that local quilt shop material rewards?

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:44 PM

Hi everyone, Sharon here from upstate New York again, I have finally decided on which Twice the Charm pack to use, I have a couple of the Giselle packs so I decided to use them. This means  I will have two strips of each fabric, any ideas on how I should cut or do them? I would appreciate all the help I can get, thank you all so much, you are an awesome group of quilters...You saw me through MQ6 and I loved working with you all as well as how my quilt turned out......Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, here is a picture of my fabrics/////

Sharon

Quilters are sew Happy.....

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:14 PM

Wow, so many people from NY.  I am also in NY but not too close to Rochester, about 1 hr north of Binghamton.  

Sharon, I love your fabrics!  Very nice.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:46 PM

So, here is my fabric; layed out; ready to sew Step 2.  Looking a little less dark. :)  OH!  I did have a question.  How do we get 40 blocks to come out to the 6x7 lay out?  That's 42.  Do I need to cut some more material, for 2 more squares?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:47 PM

Hi, Bayla.  Anyone here from midwest - Oklahoma maybe?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:13 PM

I am ready for step 3!  did my cutting last night and then sewed all step 2 this morning.  definitely scrappy, ot at all what I thought, 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:31 PM

Lots of blue!  I really like some of the prints in this collection.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

ROFLOL!! Too funny, Gini!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:38 PM

Lovely fabrics, Sharon.  Are you afraid the directions as written won't work with your packs?  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:39 PM

Hcim55:

Hi ladies.....another western New Yorker here...Angelica to be exact. Second mystery quilt here. I did the Mq6. Enjoying mq7 so far. Question.... Was that local quilt shop material rewards?

We are neighbors!  We live between Fillmore and Short Tract, just about 12 miles from Angelica.  The quilt shop was Mt. Pleasant Quilting a little ways from Avon.  I think the town may have been Piffard.  I have sent you a friend request.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:43 PM

beve99:

So, here is my fabric; layed out; ready to sew Step 2.  Looking a little less dark. :)  OH!  I did have a question.  How do we get 40 blocks to come out to the 6x7 lay out?  That's 42.  Do I need to cut some more material, for 2 more squares?

Your quilt will be quite colorful - not dark at all.  You do need to cut out enough for 42 blocks.  I was fortunate my fat quarter bundle had 21 fabrics so I was fine for the larger quilt.  There is reference to this many pages back.  My we are a talkative bunch!  It is easier to answer the question again than hunt for the previous answer.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:03 PM

beve99:
How do we get 40 blocks to come out to the 6x7 lay out?  That's 42.  Do I need to cut some more material, for 2 more squares?

Yes, Bev, cut one more strip to make two more squares.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 64 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use