Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 62 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,609
Points 52,070
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:14 AM

Thank you ,Marie.   We will see what tomorrow brings.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:44 AM

I love everyone's start to their quilts - will be quite a colorful collection when finished.  My blues are all cut and ready for the machine if "somebody" will just give me a few minutes to myself!!!!  Have already gone to town to pick up diesel truck with it's new "sneekers" (Rich's name for the $1000 worth of tires that were just put on).  Now he wants me to help him check the trailer brakes - - - - it is in the 20s out there!  I don't do cold like I used to. 

Hope to sew and cut today and post another picture.  I am excited myself with this quilt as it is not my "usual".

Marsha - Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:02 AM

Debbie:
Mimi - looks so nice. 

Thanks for your encouragement Debbie and I don't think I've yet welcomed you to QCA.  Glad to be in contact with so many wonderful, knowledgeable quilters. My quilt is really scrappy too.  I have 38 different fabrics in it all from my stash.  I think it just might be that the tones I chose were similar.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:09 AM

weezee56:
They have to have some order.

First thanks for the complement and you are another new member I have failed to welcome.  Good to have you in QCA, weezee.  I feel the same way you do about scrappy quilts.  So I try to order them by choosing fabrics that melt together, if that makes any sense.  And Nana has helped me learn not to be so particular with the combinations and to just "go with the flow."  If the fabrics go together or if they don't the quilt will work.  It's about warmth and love, right?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:46 AM

Here is the pic of my cut squares.  I think the color combinations look good.  The instructions say it will by 6x5 squares when finished,  I have enough left (that I didnt mess up when I first started cutting to make it at least 6x6 which is what I plan to do,  I dont like having those cut pieces left.  May go bigger if I have enough cut.  But first it is off to put a pot of homemade stew on to simmer for the day and then back the the Craftsy BOM.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Very nice Donna, the flowers are really going to pop!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 235

Nice Purples, Donna.  I like the prints you used.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Vivian :
I havent started yet.  But I will today, or maybe tomorrow.

Made me chuckle Vivian; for some reason, when I read this, I thought of Scarlet in Gone with the Wind...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 235

I'm so glad to be a part of this group.  I'm seeing so many nice fabric choices.  I can't wait till next week.  I want to sew some more!!!!!!  I just got done with a mystery on AQS.  It was a modern mystery quilt from Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle.  This is only my second mystery quilt.  I think I am hooked :)

Chris from Indiana

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Chris Combs:
I'm so glad to be a part of this group.

We are glad to have you with us Chris. We are a bit nuts at times, but I think we are a fun group and definitely a group of very giving and caring people!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 8,970
Jan replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:18 AM

I think I saw here somewhere a mention that someone else ordered the "kit" for this mystery quilt from Missouri Star. Mine is definitely 8 strips short.  I e-mailed them as the phone number on the invoice was disconnected or out of service.  Did they rectify the situation or do I just need to go out and buy the rest of the fabric? I am very frustrated. My granddaughter is off from school all week and we plan on starting on it, but until they contact me I am hesitant to start cutting.

Jan in Rochester NY

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Jan, I have not read anywhere that they did anything to correct it, but I could have missed it. There is a thread in the MQ7 Group about this. Maybe Nana has heard something. Sorry I could not be of more help...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,609
Points 52,070
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:32 AM

Jan, I got the tyler 2ce the charms quilt pac  from MSQC /  Nana assured me that there would be enough charms to do the quilt.  It actually only takes 30.  She said I would have to be very careful in cutting the 5 1/2 inch border though when it comes to that.   Good luck.   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 2,350
MizPat replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:45 PM

Change of plans! I'm going to use the fabrics I posted here (plus a few) for the Bonnie K. Hunter Easy Street. I've got a set of flowered prints that I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them and I've decided they'll work for this pattern. I'll post pics as soon as I get them scanned - my camera is still AWOL, as is my pin tray. Lucky for me I have enough loose pins to work with!

The problems with the kits is why I use my own choice of fabrics. If I come up short, it's easily remedied.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 2,925
Candy replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:48 PM

Jan:

.....  I e-mailed them as the phone number on the invoice was disconnected or out of service.  ....

Jan in Rochester NY

Jan,

I just called and talked with them (MO Star Quilt CO) yesterday and called the number on their invoice 888-571-1122 and was able to talk to Jackie.  You might try calling them again.  Point is, number is correct, still connected, but I don't think they answer on Saturdays or Sundays.

Candy in Norborne MO

Page 62 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use