Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 57 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:45 PM

Carolyn, I found Easy Street just by googling: Bonnie Hunter Mystery "Easy Street". It's on Quiltville, I think.

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Snugglebug Quilter:
Hiya ladies!! I just found out about the new mystery quilt last night, so I'm a bit behind the times.

Snugglebug, it is nice to meet you and I'm  happy you have joined us. It won't take you anytime to catch up.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I got mine all sewn and pressed and I even cut a few. After lunch I plan to cut the rest and then I guess it is back to waiting. :(

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:22 PM

A little behind the 8 ball here, but just picked my fabrics.  Don't remember if anyone has picked out monochromatic, but I just stumbled over the only set of fat quarters I have ever purchased.  Many of us fell in love with Quilting Threads Symphony of Blues fat quarter sampler.  I am one who fell hard, bought them, then put it away on my shelves.  Hadn't found a pattern that I liked for it yet, so decided I would maybe try MQ 7 with them.  Am folding them to take a picture now and think there is enough variation to work for this - I hope.  I think black would work well for the borders as there is some dark navy and almost black in the prints.  Will take a picture of the fabrics then start cutting, sewing and cutting again.  Had planned to wash them first because of the color, but will be sure I wash the finished quilt with color catchers when done and take the chance.  Rich just took off on a trip with the Amish and won't be back until late, so I will have a quiet house, except for the noise of the sewing machine!!!  Perfect timing!!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:31 PM

Jean:
I'm also going to attempt the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery "Easy Street", but I'm having such a hard time picking fabrics.

Jean, I had an easy time picking fabrics for "Easy Street" because they are some of my favorite colors but I don't usually buy them.  I had many on hand from scrap bags I have purchased over the years, so had enough for the quilt.  I have had much more trouble deciding what to use for MQ 7 until I just stumbled over a fat quarter bundle I had purchased this Spring.  Now I am ready to go.  I think you should maybe mix up values when pairing fabrics for today's step.  I usually use lights with medium-dark and medium-light with darks.  Others may have different ideas.

Work does get in the way of sewing, but we are semi-retired from a Dairy Farm, but I now seem to have LESS time to sew.  Got back home a little while ago from an unplanned trip (Rich wanted a haircut and we live miles from anywhere), and since this is Friday, he wanted to have a fish fry at a restaurant in the same town (25 miles away).  This was to be my sewing day, but at least I have some day left.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I'm anxious to see your picture, I think I remember that line at CT.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:51 PM

Leslie :

I know what you mean Barbara, I don't mind my cat wanting to sleep with me If she didn't think she has to sleep on my head lol

Leslie, what is it about cats and heads and necks?  My oldest daughter had a Himilayan cat (long-haired Siamese) that used to travel around her neck like a collar when she drove.  I imagine there were many double-takes along the highway!  What a site - a living, breathing, MOVING collar.  She stayed there the whole 120 mile trip from here to where she lived in PA at the time.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 485
Points 9,195
Jan replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:01 PM

The pests, oops I mean pets, are certainly worse than the children at times.  But 2 out of 3 of mine take no for an answer.  None of the children do.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:12 PM

Spudgrandma:

I'm anxious to see your picture, I think I remember that line at CT.

And - - - - Here it is in all it's blue glory.  Hope it works

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:15 PM

Spudgrandma:
I got mine all sewn and pressed and I even cut a few. After lunch I plan to cut the rest and then I guess it is back to waiting. :(

Ha, ha!  The early bird may get the worm, but she also has to wait a long time for the next one.  I may just take my time and sew a few each day, la, la, la, la.  

You know, you could post a picture of your work so we could see if you went totally random or controlled scrappy.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:16 PM

Marsha, you definitely have darks, mediums, and lights, so I can't think why this wouldn't work just fine.  Yours might be the most unique MQ.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I really like these Marsha. I think they would work, of course I have not seen what the finished quilt is going to look like, but I sure think they would work.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:25 PM

Marsha,  Thank you for sharing your family pictures with us.  Those Great-grands are soo cute and the baby ones I just want to pick up and cuddle.  Grandsons are very good looking too.  Ginny

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:34 PM

Marsha, those are some really nice fabrics.  I'm sure you quilt will come out looking great!

I'm glad to hear that there are others doing Bonnie's mystery quilt also.  Maybe I can find a group on here that will be doing it together.  I am doing mine in the same colors except for the blue.  I will be doing yellow there to make it look more like mardi gras since that is what Easy Street reminds me of.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

MNnancy:

Ha, ha!  The early bird may get the worm, but she also has to wait a long time for the next one.  I may just take my time and sew a few each day, la, la, la, la.  

You are so funny Nancy :) Well you know about the best laid plans - I did not get them all cut, every time I pass the cutting table I try to cut at least one, but don't think they will get done today.  

MNnancy:
You know, you could post a picture of your work so we could see if you went totally random or controlled scrappy.

I will try to take a pics in a little bit, but I did go totally random.

Page 57 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use