Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 55 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:29 AM

Wouldn't you just know that Nana would write "select strips at random." LOL  Do you suppose we should try to make sure there is good contrast between our strips?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:37 AM

Spudgrandma:

Step two is up, woo hoo!

Well, step 2 is rather uncomplicated, isn't it? I could get used to this!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 165
Carmen replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:42 AM

A huge thank you to all the ladies that gave me directions finding the supply list. I am so excited for a new mystery quilt. I'm off to my "stash room" (it is literally a room full of fabric, my kids call me a fabric hoarder LOL) Have a very Blessed Day.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:57 AM

Just finished steps 1&2

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:01 AM

Leslie - were you up all night sewing??   I got the directions for step 2 copied last night then went to bed and now (before 8 am CST) you're done?

That sewing machine pedal must have been on full speed!

Congrats for being so quick!

Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:04 AM

Annette, I was up at 4 this morn I don't sleep much, My outside dog starts barking around 3 then my cat tries to sleep on my face around 3:30 so I give up trying to sleep longer LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:12 AM

Leslie, How well I know this feeling, Angel sleeps with me which is fine as I love the warmth of her but OMG is she a bed hog. worse the any hubby ever was ..LOL  Keeps me up about half the night repositioning . but she is getting old and I don't have the heart to put her off the bed.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:14 AM

I know what you mean Barbara, I don't mind my cat wanting to sleep with me If she didn't think she has to sleep on my head lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:18 AM

Leslie ,I don't have a cat at this time,but everyone one I had ,wants to do the same thing. I had one cat he didn't wan tto sleep on my head but he did want to share my pillow .we did get a working solution for that and it worked out great . Don't ja just love pets ...LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:29 AM

LOL yes, But I do think they are worse than children

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:49 AM

Leslie, look at you, done with step 2 already.  Now what will you do until next Friday?  :  )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:24 AM

MNnancy:

Wouldn't you just know that Nana would write "select strips at random." LOL  Do you suppose we should try to make sure there is good contrast between our strips?

I'm still stuck on her July scrappy...it's too scrappy for me--gives me the shivers every time I look at it.  Although, I was playing with a couple of the squares over the weekend (using them for mock-ups on other blocks) and found one that actually looked kind of nice to me.  I soooo have issues with scrappy....

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:28 AM

Oh Marie, I will think of something lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:34 AM

Oh, I have such a dilemma...what to do, what to do!

Do I stitch on the binding for my black & white quilt, or work on the MQ strips, or work on the border for my flannel baseball quilt...what to do!

I think I'm going to have to do my job first and get the binding stitched on,...darn it anyway!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:25 AM

Susie:

MNnancy:

I'm still stuck on her July scrappy...it's too scrappy for me--gives me the shivers every time I look at it.  Although, I was playing with a couple of the squares over the weekend (using them for mock-ups on other blocks) and found one that actually looked kind of nice to me.  I soooo have issues with scrappy....

MNNancy I am really surprised at your comment.. LOL I've seen your beautiful quilts in media, of course you should and want to do a bit of fun shuffle.
Susie, I'm a non scrappy gal that is learning to do tops with more fabrics. I find that as long as there is a theme or color wheel value involved controlled scrappy can be beautiful. NOW don't get me wrong I still can't go to the bin and just pull fabric pieces out & throw them together,  now that is just not in my head. and I did try to work one last year, had to toss it out into the real scrap bin chopped them up and put them out to stuff pillows. LMAO
you all have been busy today, Leslie did I see that you have finished this days instructions.. super.. I'll wait until tonight when I have a full evening to just gel and sew. Can't you just see all those wonderful fabric photos come together?
Happy piecing y'all !! have a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for my health and that God has Blessed us all with the means too purchase fabrics and His Blessisngs to guide us to a straight 1/4" seam.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 55 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use