Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 45 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 5:00 PM

Had to go back and look.  Beautiful fabrics all.  I am so looking forward to seeing all these come together.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:06 PM

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely mortified...I cut all my 3.5" and 2" pieces WRONG! They are 2 x 5.5 and 3.5 x 5.5, instead of by 9.5!!!!!!!!!! The ONLY pieces that are right, are the 9.5 x 5.5.

It would appear at this point, that I am throwing the towel in on this MQ. I am so sad...all those hours of choosing, ironing, choosing again, choosing AGAIN and then cutting...for nothing. I was so excited about this, but I can't invest anymore time in cutting for this, as I have other projects calling out to me. My own fault, and it is a valuable lesson, but I wish all the rest of you a great experience and I will still be following! 

Who knows...some day, if I get the stomach for it, I may just try it again, on my own.

You have all been such a wonderful inspiration! I have no regrets in joining this MQ, simply for all the interaction we've had, so far. What a great group!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

You can still hang out with us Tracy, I've hung out and been a cheerleader on many of the different projects, but this is the first one I've actually participated in. So sorry about your cutting error.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,343
Points 414,764
gini replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:11 PM

tracy,  we've all been there.  this is a scrappy quilt.  i don't see why you couldn't piece together your short strips end to end and use them.  you would only have half as many  to cut out.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:22 PM

Thank you, Spudgrandma...I just don't do things like this very often, and was "proud" of myself for jumping in. Feel a little deflated, but you're right: I will still hang out with you guys and cheer you all on!

Gini, there is no way I could do that...the pieces I am left with measure up to 5.5 x 5.5, if sewn together, and that doesn't include a seam allowance. Then I would have to cut another piece for each, then sew THAT onto them, and worry about if future cutting (Nana said there WOULD be more cutting, didn't she?) would impact it...but I do appreciate the "half-full" suggestion! :-)

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 895
Jennifer replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:52 PM

Marie,

I like the 3rd one the best because I like both the green and the dark red you added. Regardless of which one you choose, I think your finished quilt will look nice!

Jen

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 895
Jennifer replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:53 PM

Hello Spudgrandma!

Looking forward to getting to know you through the MQ challenge!

Jen

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

You too Jennifer!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:38 PM

OK, so it turns out I took off my "big girl" pants when I got back from my motorcycle ride today. Once I realized this error, I put them back on and managed to take an hour out of my precious life to re-cut CORRECTLY the pieces needed for MQ7. Took me a whopping HOUR out of my day...sheez...

I'm back ON!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Woo Hoo Tracy, I'm so happy you are going to continue on with us!!! Sometimes we just need to get away from the problem so we can come back and look at it with a clear head. WTG girl.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:46 PM

Jennifer:
I have never done an MQ before, so I hope I do it correctly.

Jennifer, your fabrics are lovely, I love the earth tones;  and it was your post that made me realize I had cut mine wrong, myself! This is also my first MQ, and you and I are going to have a lot of fun, I think!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Woo Hoo Tracy, I'm so happy you are going to continue on with us!!! Sometimes we just need to get away from the problem so we can come back and look at it with a clear head. WTG girl.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:47 PM

It's wonderful what a motorcycle ride can do for you , isn't it Tracy.   When we went for our ride yesterday it was 70 degrees out.  Right now it is 31 degrees and a forecast of possibly some white flakes of some kind coming down.    Glad you got right back into the mq.    Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:49 PM

Caryl Anne, thank you for your input in the PM you sent me, it helped a lot!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:53 PM

Debbie:

Ok, which of these shoud I use?  only need 10...

Hi Debbie...I'm no color expert, but I'll weigh in here, anyway...I'm thinking to leave out the red floral on the far right and the solid light blue, 3rd from the left...?

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Page 45 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use