Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 43 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:11 AM

Hi, I love your fabric choices and can't wait to see what an awesome quilt it turns into.....

Sharon

Quilters are sew Happy.....

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:12 AM

Hi,Spudgrandma, I love your fabric choices and can't wait to see what an awesome quilt it turns into.....

Sharon

Quilters are sew Happy.....

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,037
Points 15,845
weezee56 replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:23 AM

Hi Spudgrandma, love your fabrics. I hope everyone will post their blocks as they go. It will be great to watch the quilts grow.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Oh My!! I just got on after Friday, and had 72 messages from this group, wow you guys it has been busy, saying hello to every one singly. I will not fill your box with all that, I'll just say welcome to the group y'all, & here's a shout out to those who have posted pics of such wonderful fabrics.
 I'm not surprised by the different selections, we have big stashes and collections, mercy got to love the colors, and patterns. I too look forward to the media being filled with lovely blocks and finished tops.
I have read all the posts again, confused by what has been said about borders &background & outer borders? My understanding is that we use a 'read to solid' fabric for both the 2.5 & 4.5 inner borders for the squares. In one post, Nana mentions to use the same fabric for that part. I personally am not cutting that fabric until I see the next step, as I will be enlarging anyway and will calculate the fabric needed. My other concern; is the border a frame? is the 2.5 sashing? or is the 4.5 a frame? And if they are around the same blocks then why are we not cutting that same fabric 7"? Sew many keep changing up the wording; I fear the newbies will be totally confused by that.

Nana you have been most patience with all these questions, I applaud you!
 Glad you had a great football weekend and that your team won!
Mine won tonight yea 8-1 GO TEXANS
No need to address these questions I will wait to see what is in store for us Friday. I have done Mystery Quilts through magazines and there isn't a forum thread, the mystery is you gather fabrics, cut and make the first part set it aside and wait until the next posting. Whew!! Now that is fun.
 Ok I am going to go check out the media and see who else placed their fabrics there.
Y'all have a great Monday and Happy cutting or picking!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:14 AM

Spudgrandma:

MNnancy:
Lovely fabrics, Spud, and they coordinate so well.  Am I miscounting or are you making an extra large quilt?  It looks like way more than Nana recommended.

Thank you Nancy. I'm not sure if it is too much. I want it larger, especially longer as I'm the shortest in our family. Also, these are FQs and I thought you needed 20 FQs but then I'm probably totally confused. I'm kind of waiting for Nana to weigh in.

Spud, the way I simplified it for myself is...

if you want a

5x6 quilt (30 blocks) you need 15 FQs...

6x7 (42 blocks) you need 21 FQs...

7x8 (56 blocks) you need 28 FQs. 

or, 1/2 as many fat quarters as you have blocks.  

Nana says each block finishes at 9" so the 5x6 will end up 45x54 before borders. 

The 2 borders measure 7" finished so that 5x6 block quilt will end up at 52x61 finished.

42 blocks=61 x 70 w/borders

56 blocks=70 x 79

Add 4" all around for that optional border.

Nana will hopefully check my math but I think that's right :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:28 AM

Debbie

Your math looks good to me.   Thanks for all that work.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,135
Debbie replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:34 AM

Ok, which of these shoud I use?  only need 10...

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:53 AM

Everyone has been chooseing some fabulous fabric, you will all have wonderful quilts.  But just wanted to say a few words . Everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax,  Nana has told us this is an easy pattern to do , I don't worry about borders and backings until I have the body done , then I can start working on these ,saves money and time. SO just enjoy this experience and have fun all , it will come together , I promise.. LOL   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Mimi, thank you so much for all you info, I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:14 PM

so, i'm guessing that if i want to make the 5x7 quilt, i need 42 of each size cut.   i wasn't sure, so i cut 40.  it looks like i need to cut 6 more pieces.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Maggie:

Spud    I love your fabric choices 

Thanks Maggie!!!

Sharon:

Hi,Spudgrandma, I love your fabric choices and can't wait to see what an awesome quilt it turns into.....

Thanks Sharon, I am anxious to see everyone's first blocks so we can get an idea at what we are going to end up with. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

weezee56:

Hi Spudgrandma, love your fabrics. I hope everyone will post their blocks as they go. It will be great to watch the quilts grow. 

Thank you weezee, I'm anxious to see something completed also. I'm not sure I can handle the stress of waiting. Waiting is something that has become a stressful and frightening process for me.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Debbie-do:
Nana will hopefully check my math but I think that's right :o)

Bless you Debbie, I so appreciate this. I just cannot seem to get my  CB & BSC-ness  wrapped around this. I do sort of okay if it is something I've done before, but if it is new, it is a stretch for me. But, it is good for me to stretch myself, so I'm hanging in there and it will be interesting if what I come up with looks anything like it is supposed to... LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:46 PM

gini:
so, i'm guessing that if i want to make the 5x7 quilt, i need 42 of each size cut.

I may not have a great mathematical mind, but I think 5x7 is 35.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:49 PM

ok, 6x7.  :  )

gini in north idaho

Page 43 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use