Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 38 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 2:37 PM

HI Debbie!  Welcome to QCA and mystery quilt #7.  They are lots of fun to do.  Can't wait to see your choices.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 183
Points 3,870
Debi replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:29 PM

Nana, is this one we can do as a scrappy, or is it better to follow the 10 or 20 fabrics? Thanks!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

Here are my fabrics: 

I went to the LQS today with a 25% off coupon and got a bundle - my first.  I liked this one because it was Christmas-y but not aggressively so.  And I have a bunch of FQs left over too.  Awesome!  :-)

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Love them Greenmstr!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:07 PM

I was at the Quilt & Sewing Expo in MN yesterday and picked up some fabrics to add to what I had for my Mystery 7 quilt.  I haven't picked a border fabric yet.  Any suggestions?

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Loving the Christmas fabrics MNCarol!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:20 PM

MNcarol:
I haven't picked a border fabric yet.  Any suggestions?

Nana is gone for the day, but I know what she'd say - black!  A solid dark blue or dark green might work for yours.  Personally, I'm not going to worry about the background/border until I figure out exactly what is meant by that.

Who did you go shopping with, Carol?  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:27 PM

MNnancy:
Nana is gone for the day, but I know what she'd say - black!  A solid dark blue or dark green might work for yours.

Yes, I'd say black or navy blue, or a gold might be pretty too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:37 PM

Green Monster and MNCarol, I love your fabrics, they will make beautiful quilts.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:42 PM

MNnancy:
 Personally, I'm not going to worry about the background/border until I figure out exactly what is meant by that.

OK Nancy, now I'm confused again.  I went and read my instructions and I don't see anything about a background fabric, am I missing something again.  :  {

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655

check under the FQ bit in fabric requirements and above cutting instructions on the welcome to MQ7 group page

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

greenmonstr:

Here are my fabrics: 

I went to the LQS today with a 25% off coupon and got a bundle - my first.  I liked this one because it was Christmas-y but not aggressively so.  And I have a bunch of FQs left over too.  Awesome!  :-)

I agree!! Awesome!

I'm loving everyone's Christmas fabrics!!  They are all so different. 
Everyone is doing just a great job picking fabrics.  This project is going to be fun! 

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

MNcarol:

I haven't picked a border fabric yet.  Any suggestions?

You have options!!  I can see a deep green Christmas pattern, a larger red Christmas design OR a winter design in a  blue in the same value as the bright one 2nd from the top. Looks like snowmen and mittens show up 3 groups of fabrics so you might look for something like that.  But holly/greens/Christmas trees or candy canes would be cute too.  It just needs to make the center of the quilt pop!

Addendum/clarification from the doghouse:  I was thinking about fabrics that might be fun for the optional, very outer border, for the quilt when I typed this note. See Nana's notes and suggestions on the next page.  Do what she recommends!!  :0)

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:19 PM

Judy & Dogs:
It just needs to make the center of the quilt pop!

But how many of us will follow the exact pattern directions when it comes to the border?  When it comes to a large group mystery quilt, isn't it the unique invented border designs that kind of sets one quilt off from another?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:46 PM

Marie:
now I'm confused again.  I went and read my instructions and I don't see anything about a background fabric, am I missing something again.

In the MQ7 Group discussion of fabric requirements, the background fabric is mentioned and there was some confusion about it, but I can't any longer find where that was initiated (page 3 is referenced, but I don't see anything mentioned by Nana on page 3).

In this particular discussion thread, it is first mentioned in Nana's response to Karla...

Nana:
Do remember to pick out a "background" fabric to use as a border fabric.   I picked black mottled for mine to frame my fabrics.

"Background" was perhaps an unfortunate term.  "Framing fabric" might have been better.  In re-reading the actual fabric requirements, it sounds like we only need to choose 2 border fabrics.

Page 38 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use