Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 36 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870

Spudgrandma:

Maybe that is my problem cutting straight, maybe I need 3 hands...

So do I.  Even with slip-proofing on the backs of my rulers I still have trouble cutting straight!  These old weak hands and arms need extra help!

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655

I find the Westerlee rulers very helpful as they've got a lip that goes over the edge of the fabric so you always cut straight. I also use the applicutter

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Marsha-SM:
So do I.  Even with slip-proofing on the backs of my rulers I still have trouble cutting straight!  These old weak hands and arms need extra help!

That is so true Marsha, my hands are so weak, they are getting a bit stronger but I'm probably going to have to learn to compensate.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Joy of Quilting, it is nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,605
Points 178,428
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:35 PM

Here are my fabrics, I chose 1/3 yd. of 10 different fabrics from my stash.  After dinner I cut the 2" and 3 1/2"x9 1/2" pieces so I'm ready for the next step a whole week early.  Yippee!  Most of this is 2010 fabric so I've had it awhile.  :  )  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:29 PM

Marie:

Here are my fabrics, I chose 1/3 yd. of 10 different fabrics from my stash.  After dinner I cut the 2" and 3 1/2"x9 1/2" pieces so I'm ready for the next step a whole week early.  Yippee!  Most of this is 2010 fabric so I've had it awhile.  :  )  

Marie

Did you leave any strips at 5 1/2 x 9 1/2.    You should have an equal number of 5 1/2, 3 1/2, and 2 in strips.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,221
Points 18,870

I also have trouble cutting straight sometimes. I  move my hand alot, from nearest end on the ruler, to the middle, to the far end. I'd have an s shape if I didn't.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,221
Points 18,870

Why are the posts counted and what do the points do?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:39 PM

Those are pretty fabrics, Marie.  I like your color combination!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:48 PM

Ok folks I am going to be oot tomorrow and won't be on the computer until late.  I won't be answering questions until tomorrow night fairly late or Sunday.   Just keep doing what you are doing and if you run into a problem read back thru the threads in the group and I bet your answer will be their somewhere.   If not maybe someone else will be able to lend assistance until I get back online.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:37 AM

Nana:

Ok folks I am going to be oot tomorrow and won't be on the computer until late.  I won't be answering questions until tomorrow night fairly late or Sunday.   Just keep doing what you are doing and if you run into a problem read back thru the threads in the group and I bet your answer will be their somewhere.   If not maybe someone else will be able to lend assistance until I get back online.

Nana, have a great time we will all do our best and be good boys and girls until mummy comes home we promise:)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,501
Points 417,379
gini replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:48 AM

Nana:
I am going to be oot tomorrow

are you going to canada?

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:17 AM

Spud and Marsha,

There is nothing wrong with my hands or arms but my ruler still walks from time to time, i guess it just doesnt want to be where i put it, ah well when i do get it right i run round the sewing room waving my ruler round my head and doing the scene from the Braveheart movie crying out FREEDOM. My parents just put it down to yet another senior moment:)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:40 AM

Frances:

Spud and Marsha,

There is nothing wrong with my hands or arms but my ruler still walks from time to time, i guess it just doesnt want to be where i put it, ah well when i do get it right i run round the sewing room waving my ruler round my head and doing the scene from the Braveheart movie crying out FREEDOM. My parents just put it down to yet another senior moment:)

lots of love

Francesxx

You are too funny!  LOL

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:43 AM

Debbie-do:

Frances:

Spud and Marsha,

lots of love

Francesxx

You are too funny!  LOL

You mean you dont I thought i was normal, now i know i must be special!!!!

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 36 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use