Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 33 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

All the fabric is looking so pretty. I sure hope my order shows up tomorrow so I can start cutting.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Wow!  I feel like a little kid in a candy store looking at all the pretty fabric combinations!!  Every one I see I like better than the last...they are all wonderful!  There are going to be some pretty quilts made from this mystery project. Can hardly wait to see them start to come together.

Max

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 39
Points 1,500

Thanks for yours  help Caryl Ann!  These F8th uneven, after trimming them I have it and it comes out in written. I'm working 5 days a week, so I will begin cutting of fabrics at the weekend. On Monday show that I did. Lyubov Azhinova.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 731
Points 18,320

Nana is probably going to throw me out of this group, but I still haven't cut fabric yet.  Too chicken to at this point.  I've ended up with 12 pieces.  I notice others on here have done something similar--have a number between 10 & 20. The directions to cut are for either 10 or 20.  Would following subsequent steps be easier if I reduce the number of fabrics down to 10?  If not, how do I choose which ones to make more of? 

Here are my current choices - first in colour then in greyscale.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:18 PM

I would remove the middle orange fabric on the bottom. and the bottom left fabric as well.

I haven't cut anything out either.  I am feeling like I have too many things going on at the moment, but I still want start it.  MQ's are too much fun to pass up.

IMHO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:23 PM

Belfrybat

I love all your fabrics and your grey scale shows a great mix of lights, med, darks.   When you start cutting just remember that each 5 1/2 x 20 in strip will make one block.  So decide approximately how many blocks you want to make and cut the strips needed to make that many blocks.   It really won't make a difference which fabrics you add more of.     I used 30 blocks to make my quilt top.   That is 5 blocks x 6 rows.  This makes approximately a 56 x 60 quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 115
Points 2,420
Cathy D replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:31 PM

I would love to look at my fabrics in gray scale - how did you do that???  Inquiring minds want to know.  :)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Azhinova Lyubov:

Thanks for yours  help Caryl Ann!  These F8th uneven, after trimming them I have it and it comes out in written. I'm working 5 days a week, so I will begin cutting of fabrics at the weekend. On Monday show that I did. Lyubov Azhinova.

I am glad that I could help, those F8ths sometimes mess us up as far as how much usable fabric we actually have, I think most who buy that cut is using them for appliqué, not for piecing blocks.. Love thewhole look of the collection.  Happy Cutting and Piecing it will be beautiful with so many patterns in the bricks. For those of you who missed Lyubov's collection here is her photo.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:11 PM

Actually, the first thing that came to mind when I saw Lyubov's fabrics was "what beautiful wrapping paper!". These are going to make a gorgeous holiday quilt, it should be fun for you, Lyubov!!

I was a little confused by the cutting instructions, and thought I was being slick by determining that I only needed one 5.5 x 20 strip from each of 20 fabrics...after cutting them into 9.5 x 5.5 strips though, I realized my folly and now have to go back to each fabric and do it all over again...grrrrrr....so I anticipate that my fabrics will be all cut and ready by Monday, as well! I will also most likely make 2 extra blocks to make a 6x7 block, bed size quilt. With the crazy color scheme I've got going on, I have to figure out who will like it as a christmas gift though! 

Then again...maybe this can be the "tv quilt"...

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Cathy D:
I would love to look at my fabrics in gray scale - how did you do that???  

Cathy,

In my photo software package, where I can crop, rotate, edit photos, etc., there is a "color" option. It allows grayscale, sepia, etc.  It may be in a different option, depending on the software package, but all of them I've worked with have the option.

If you don't find it right away, you may use the 'Help' button for your photo software.

Max

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 115
Points 2,420
Cathy D replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:25 PM

Here are the fabric options I have.  I would like to go with 10 fabrics.  Which would you reject?  

So excited - I figured out the grayscale thing!  :)  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:32 PM

Cathy D:

Here are the fabric options I have.  I would like to go with 10 fabrics.  Which would you reject?  

I would remove the bottom blue on the left, the 4th down on the right (plaid-ish), and the pink on the bottom of the middle row...then I would cry and cry because I wouldn't want to lose another one, lol.

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 115
Points 2,420
Cathy D replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:51 PM

haha!  Thanks Tracy.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:54 PM

Ditto what Tracy said and I would save the bottom right fabric for one of the borders, that leaves you only one more to eliminate.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 731
Points 18,320

Cathy D:

Glad Max was able to help you before I got back.  For those without the ability to dither with colours, you can also set your printer to print greyscale -- just go to properties when the printer dialogue box pops up.

Brigit-Carol

Page 33 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use