Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 29 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:18 PM

The fabrics every one has chosen are wonderful.  Can't wait to see the outcomes.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:31 PM

Here are the fabrics I was considering for borders...but I'm rethinking them now (except for the black - that stays!)

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:34 PM

Here are my fabrics.  It's 21 FQs, two in each stack are repeats.  But I think it will be a fun quilt...and I know just the person I can give it to.  My initial thoughts are to use a yellow as the border--just to enhance Tweety. Yellow and white, but we'll see when we get there what it calls for.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:50 PM

Ohhh, Susie I LOVE it!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:21 PM

That middle stack looks kind of green in the photo.  It's really gray/black/white.  It should be fun!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 3:52 PM

Just got back from a vacation,and can't wait to get sewing again. It's taken me days to decide what fabric to use for this, so I finally picked some Christmas from my stash, and then ended up needing a few more to finish it off. So of course I only have about half of them old and half new. Not too bad, haha.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Looks like I'm not the only one with an eye for vivid fabric!  Love 'em!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:37 PM

I'm so glad this MQ has started!  We've been aboard the sailboat for 1 month and I'm suffering from quilting withdraw!! Finally got a decent internet connection today and was able to see most of the fabric selections - love them all!  I'll be downloading the intstructions to make the quilt in the spring when we get home...thanks in advance to all for helping with my "quilting fix" as I follow along on the outside looking in! :)  My last quilting adventure was to make a LARGE lap quilt for the boat since my hubby said the lapquilt with the sailboats was too small.  Used batik charm packs I got on sale at WalMart and pumped it out in 2 weeks. I still have to photograph it but will get that done probably this week as the weather improves and post it in my gallery.

Cheers!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:37 PM

Susie:

My initial thoughts are to use a yellow as the border--just to enhance Tweety. 

Susie, I think your idea of using yellow is spot on!  Fun fabrics!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:41 PM

Well, I think I have some new fabrics picked out, but I'm waiting for Nana to answer a question about directionality over in the group discussion.  If she gives the fabric in question the thumbs up, I'll post a picture later.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 115
Points 2,420
Cathy D replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:24 PM

I'm in!  Will pick out fabrics tomorrow from the charity quilt stash and some child will get hugged by a mystery quilt.  

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 225
Beth replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:06 PM

Hi everyone~  I'm looking forward to this Mystery Quilt - hoping it re-motivates me to get quilting again.  Life has been challenging of late, and I haven't had the mental energy or interest to quilt.  But I decided to go buy myself some new fabric (when I *have* been quilting in recent months, I've been shopping my stash ... getting a little tired of it!) and jump on the bandwagon here.

I hope I can remember how to upload pictures.  With a little bit of luck, you're seeing my fabric choices with this post.

Beth

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:33 PM

Beth, what a successful shopping trip you had.  These fabrics are perfect - a good variety of shades and contrast that coordinate beautifully.  Can't wait to see your quilt!  Happy sewing!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Points 2,685

Great fabrics everyone!! I am going to be very late getting started on this one. I just had my tv mounted on the wall and since I am re-organizing I decided to do the floor. Carpet is just too hard to roll around on . Since I am doing this myself it will be slow going , mainly because there is so much to move out of the way and then back.  But I have been wanting to do it for some time. Hopefully my knees hold up . lol I am too ornery to ask for help unless its something I can't do. And when I set my mind to it I can do most things [ except electrical and plumbing]. Well I will be checking in on you during rest times and cheering you on.  GO QUILTING WARRIORS GO!!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 225
Beth replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:40 PM

Thanks Nancy!   I'm especially pleased with these choices because I went outside my typical color tendencies.  I'm a blue, pink and purple girl, with some teal thrown in from time to time.   But I was really attracted to the apple fabric and I thought it would be fun to pull those three apple colors for the rest of the fabrics.  Looking forward to cutting it all up over the weekend!

Beth

Page 29 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use