Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 28 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:39 AM

Tracy I meant to say use the blue on the bottom left .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:40 AM

tracy,  nana will have to weigh in on this, but i would think that with the variety of bright saturated colors you have, that  you don't need the pastels.  i would eliminate the three lights on the left.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:43 AM

After going back and looking again ,I think i agree with gini, they light pastels are not looking good ,with the rest of the fabric. I still not sure about the butterflies , that's your call . .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:51 AM

I honestly do NOT like the pastels on the left...I felt I needed something on a lighter scale, but the more I look at this picture, the more they seem to throw off the general theme...I wonder if, instead, I should just throw in some solid white? I'll see how that looks when I get home tonight and rearrange! Barbara, you meant the blue/pastel butterflies, or both the blue and the gold/orange ones? I think I like those gold ones (at the top, left).

Tracy

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:55 AM

Tracy if you use the butterflies use the gold ones at the top left , those are really nice. I thing the other ones are to pale for your quilt.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:01 AM

The color choices really look good, I like pastels and brights, If my ugly FQ's dont turn out so good, I've got grandsons that will love it. Its mostly brown, tan, blue, orange, some strips, mixed in with some other geometric loud prints and colors, kids will love it. I will post a pic when we get it done. Can't wait for Friday for the next instructions, bj

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:06 AM

everyone's color choices are so wonderful. I can't wait to see all of them.

I went shopping on line for mine. Because this is a small project, I will make two. Went through my stash at the storage shed on Sunday. put together a Christmas theme.  I will post pics later. I just came home from work. Kinda sickish today Hope to be feeling better by tomorrow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:10 AM

tracy, solid black or even patterned blacks will make those bright colors even prettier.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:18 AM

Thanks Gini. I have some patterned black that I had planned to use as one of the borders. I'm also thinking of a light purple as an additional border, but that will take some additional thought, if I pull out all the pastels...hmmm. I have a wonderful bright yellow but it is a flannel, so I'm afraid to throw that in as a border...possibly a backing, though?

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:19 AM

Barbara:

Tracy if you use the butterflies use the gold ones at the top left , those are really nice. I thing the other ones are to pale for your quilt.

I think so too, Barbara...thanks.

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:22 AM

MNnancy:
Are some of those "In the Beginning" fabrics from Leavenworth
Thanks Nancy. Yes, several "In the Beginning" fabrics, 2011 September Lights and Painted Summer 2012. The dark is Canyon Marblehead by Ro Gregg that I got for my Delectable Mountains blocks in Wenatchee, which I liked so much I ordered another couple of yards.

I really like everyone's choices of fabrics, it will be fun to see the finished quilts.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:25 AM

Oh my Bayla, all those strips and lines scared me the second I looked at them, much less not knowing what the final project is and steps involved.

Go Bayla!

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:30 AM

Bayla Singer:

Wow, Bayla, those are some bright fabrics!  I'll bet some child or teen will love this quilt!  Will you bring in one bright solid for your background/border?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:36 AM

Barbara:
Tracy, I think the lit blue on the left and the gold would work with the fabric on the right , I 'd leave out the butterflies I don't think the go with the other fabric.

I agree.  I think it's because the butterflies have so much white in the background that doesn't appear in any of the other fabrics.  The bright orangy-yellow butterflies might work because their wings are so bright, but I think the light blue butterflies seem out of place.  I love how bright and cheerful this quilt will be!

- - - - 

Edit: Oops, I see I'm late again.  You received more good advice from Gini and Barbara, and it sounds like they have you heading down a brightly colored path.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:50 AM

Nancy your input is always welcome, you do have a good eye for color, or at least I think you do .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 28 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use