Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 27 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:05 AM

Baykal can we see your fabric too? I have some dotted fabric that I might just ha e to use.  I know I don't have the time now but seeing all these beautiful fabrics make me drool?.. Enough that I just might have to not s.eep to finish my have tos  so I can work on want tos...lol

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

As soon as I can unpack and scan them, I'll post pix of the fabrics :)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 755

MN Nancy - Maybe not but I can order more if I need...or once the top is done I might find something else :) I'm not concerned as I have a huge selection in my stash seeing as blue and green are my favorite colors.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:30 AM

Nancy, please don't change yours on my account. I don't mind at all that we might have the same fabrics. It's not like they will ever be seen at the same party. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:10 AM

Nancy I need to reset my camera, It keeps chaning on me. and I forget it until i take a picture.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

I couldn't figure out how to get text and the pic in the same post ... I'm just glad I could upload it at all! 

-- Bayla

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 361
Points 6,265

Think this is my plan for MQ VII.  May cut extra for an extra quilt.  Everyone's fabric selections are beautiful.  Lots of Christmas quilts this year!

When it comes to fabrics, I'm definitely a classic quilter.

Penny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:11 AM

I've just been looking at everyones fabric , and there are just to many to send an individual  I love it , so I'm just doing a GREAT BIG  its all fabulous . WE are going to have some beautiful quilts coming out of the MQ7 .  Can hardley wiat to see them all . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:11 AM

OK, let me try this again...just saw my pic didn't display properly! 

Tracy:

Boy oh boy, am I ever tormented. Like others, I am finding huge gaps in my stash...particularly of lights (I mean, I have plenty of bleached and unbleached muslin, but come on...).  Well, here is what I've come up with so far. Bear in mind, that choosing colors to actually GO together is my biggest quilting weakness (despite having taken a color class at the Vermont Quilt Festival, this year). I really want to use these fun, funky bits for this MQ, but of course, I am doubting my choices. I tried to group them by light, medium and dark and sort of gave up...but here they are BEFORE I start messing with them. 

I would love the opinion of any more experienced quilters out there before I throw caution to the wind and just go for it! If you see something terribly wrong, please do speak up, I would appreciate your guidance so very much!

PS - Despite my whining, I am having a ball already, teehee!

Tracy

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:13 AM

Tracy ,I like it ,I think it would be a very pretty quilt with all those colors.  Heck Step out of the box and go for it .  I like the colors on the right side of the picture. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:24 AM

Thanks Barbara. Those colors on the right were what started it for me...I was forced to look for lights in my stash (I will NOT spend money on this, that's a promise I made to myself!), and came up with what's on the left, unfortunately...but I think it will still be ok. I appreciate your input!

Tracy

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:27 AM

Wow Bayla! What an impact.  I love them.

Jan in Rochester, NY

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:33 AM

I am loving all the fabrics!  Tracy--I have that orange butterfly fabric--I bought it to make a skirt for my granddaughter. 

I need to put my fabrics out and take a picture.  I have three different fat quarter sets from WM that I am going to use.  They actually look really good together.  It will be quite a different look for me, but I think it will work ok.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:37 AM

Tracy:

OK, let me try this again...just saw my pic didn't display properly! 

Tracy:

Boy oh boy, am I ever tormented. Like others, I am finding huge gaps in my stash...particularly of lights (I mean, I have plenty of bleached and unbleached muslin, but come on...).  Well, here is what I've come up with so far. Bear in mind, that choosing colors to actually GO together is my biggest quilting weakness (despite having taken a color class at the Vermont Quilt Festival, this year). I really want to use these fun, funky bits for this MQ, but of course, I am doubting my choices. I tried to group them by light, medium and dark and sort of gave up...but here they are BEFORE I start messing with them. 

I would love the opinion of any more experienced quilters out there before I throw caution to the wind and just go for it! If you see something terribly wrong, please do speak up, I would appreciate your guidance so very much!

PS - Despite my whining, I am having a ball already, teehee!

Tracy

Tracy I think the lit blue on the left and the gold would work with the fabric on the right , I 'd leave out the butterflies I don't think the go with the other fabric  maybe even the blue on the left bottom, Now that is just my input ,this is your quilt and you should do what feels right .  I still think it will be a fabulous quilt .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 27 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use