Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 26 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:37 PM

Just got back from a retreat weekend to find the MQ in full swing.  I picked out my fabrics (a fq bundle I got on sale a while back), but I haven't started cutting yet, so I'll keep following comments here to make sure I slice and dice it correctly.  We aren't doing anything special/different in cutting the light, medium, darks, are we?  Just cut them all the same?

Not sure what I'll do for a background/border.  I have more yardage of the all off-white daisy - suppose that would work?  The rest is all fat quarters, so not enough there.  Usually with mystery quilts I don't worry about the borders until the body is done.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:43 PM

lcqultr46:

Here's what I could find.

I like your selection of fabrics, Judy.  Are some of those "In the Beginning" fabrics from Leavenworth?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:47 PM

Barbara:

Well here is what I picked for my fabric .

Those are pretty, Barbara.  I can definitely see your fabric personality (preferences) in these.  Have you had them set aside since 2007 or does your camera need a date adjustment?  LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:52 PM

Juliette Karjala:

I chose a slightly limited palette of my favorite blues and greens. 

I love these, Juliette!  Do you have enough of the large floral to use again in the outer-most border?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:56 PM

Debbie-do:

There are still more in the collection to add but I think this is the group of 20 I'll work around.

This will make a cheery Christmas quilt, Debbie! I like that it has a pretty blue mixed in with the traditional red, white, and green.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:05 PM

Jean:

D

Do you think there is enough dark/medium/light?  Would you change anything?

Nana will know best, but I think you're showing dark/med/light as specified.  This will have a nice country feel - either that or it could be a quilt of valor with that coloring.  I'm going to make a QOV for my guild's mystery quilt which is starting right now, too.  It only called for four fabrics, and I picked some that might appeal to a female vet. I think I can handle two mystery quilts at one time.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:15 PM

Frances:

when i woke up i changed them all, so this is what ive settled on (its a certain now im half way cutting them) so no more changes.

Frances, these are lovely!  I thought you said you had trouble selecting fabrics.  Not that I can see!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:26 PM

Judy & Dogs:

Here is what I have so far. 

Oh, another fun Christmas quilt.  You really have good contrast between your fabrics here, Judy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:31 PM

Bonita:

Here's my choice, it's from a twice the charm pack( first pic) but it only has 26 strips so had to add 4 more. 

Oh, gosh, Bonita, I guess we're going to have the same quilt!  LOL  I'm catching up on past pages and just now got to your picture.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:43 PM

Well, maybe I'll dig through my stash tomorrow for something else....

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:15 PM

After a few days trying to choose the 20 fat quarters, this is what I have, with a little help from my friends today who came to quilting at the cabin.  I may still change a few, let it stew for a day or two!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:31 PM

Pretty colors, Carol.  Are those full fat quarters?  Some look smaller.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655

I love your colours Bonita, really fresh and spring like. I'm still trying to finish of the modern mystery quilt, so won't be picking and cutting until that top is finished, got to have a goal with a carrot eh?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:18 AM

Mnancy,

These are really beautiful fabrics it will make a stunning quilt.

Thank you for your kind words on my fabric selection, i always dread picking the colours out i think the problem is my stash is fairly limited to the rest of yours and i tend to buy fabric i love not necessarily fabric that will go with the rest of my stash.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Oh, I bought a bunch of fabrics on a recent trip, and now I know what to do with them! LOL!  I mentally tagged them "fabrics that make your eyes hurt" -- bold geometrics in vivid colors.  I bought regular quarters instead of FQ, I'll have to be creative in my cutting. 

-- Bayla

Page 26 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use