Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 25 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:08 PM

Carolyn even a dark grey and a dark rose wuold work great and you can stick with your orginal colors . you just need these to make it look really sharp. I think they would be beautiful with  what you have already picked.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:15 PM

Gini,

I love your fabrics, are you sure they are not mine, when we go to Branson i think i need to take you shopping with me.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:16 PM

Francces ,Gini is fun to shop with ,she can find fabric I would have never seen . she 's good ... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:55 PM

Gini,

Your fabrics are beautiful!!   Is Ben Franklin's a quilt shop? Where I grew up Ben Franklin's was a five and dime store.lol. 

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,555
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:56 PM

Gini, very pretty and love the colors. You must have a fantastic stash. Is the fairy fabric from Michael Miller?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,555
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:57 PM

Thanks Barbara.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:01 PM

I love seeing everyone's fabric choices. Makes me want to hit a few LQS but will have to be satisfied with using what I have.  Or not! heehee...

from TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:26 PM

This MQ7 looks so great! I wish I could participate.  Unfortunately, I am stretched thin time wise so I'll probably be on the sidelines....or maybe I just won't be able to resist and find things in my stash ang go with it!  But just a quick note to say I love everyone's color selections.  These will be great!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 721
Points 18,125

I'm still dithering about fabric choices.  Just can't make up my mind so I haven't cut anything yet.  Maybe tomorrow....

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying seeing what others are doing.  Makes me realise I have a lot of gaps in my fabric stash. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:38 PM

Bev :

Your fabrics are beautiful!!   Is Ben Franklin's a quilt shop? Where I grew up Ben Franklin's was a five and dime store.lol. 

thank you.   ben franklin's here in the northwest is more like a michael's now, and some of them, but not all, have quite impressive fabric selections and cater to quilters.   ours is just a small store.   the ones in monroe and redmond  washington have a great huge selection of fabric.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:40 PM

Bonita:
Is the fairy fabric from Michael Miller?

no idea, i'll look when it comes out of the washer.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300

Boy oh boy, am I ever tormented. Like others, I am finding huge gaps in my stash...particularly of lights (I mean, I have plenty of bleached and unbleached muslin, but come on...).  Well, here is what I've come up with so far. Bear in mind, that choosing colors to actually GO together is my biggest quilting weakness (despite having taken a color class at the Vermont Quilt Festival, this year). I really want to use these fun, funky bits for this MQ, but of course, I am doubting my choices. I tried to group them by light, medium and dark and sort of gave up...but here they are BEFORE I start messing with them. 

I would love the opinion of any more experienced quilters out there before I throw caution to the wind and just go for it! If you see something terribly wrong, please do speak up, I would appreciate your guidance so very much!

PS - Despite my whining, I am having a ball already, teehee!

Tracy

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,500

Mimi,

I love your fabric choices, and can't wait to see the finished quilt!  have fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 8:11 PM

Gini You have some great fabric there can't wait to see finished ! I just spent twelve hours on computer trying to print directions.  Then my son uninstalled my printer I called for support and they said they have to send me a new print head .  So just looking at all the fabric is alleviating my tension.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:22 PM

Christine:
I love your fabric choices

Thanks Christine.  I think I may need some more mediums.  I was using my red and green color evaluators and it seems either really dark or really light.  Oh bother.

Page 25 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use