Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 24 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:36 AM

Bonita ,I love all your fabric ,I think it will be beautiful.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:37 AM

Frances those a very pretty fabrics as well ,but I really liked your other choices, it will be fantastic . 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:38 AM

Tami I 've seen those machines  and they are really awesome.  We want pictures of your new baby when it get there ...

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:42 AM

Mimi  Ilve your fabric choice,  gald you had a great time. Wish I couldn't have gone ..OH well can do them all .LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:43 AM

gini , this quilt will be you ,LOL  love the fairy fabric ..  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005

Hey Walla, and other gals doing MQ7.  Always use a good brand of thread, I use Coats and Clark, cheaper-off brands will break on any machine, Use them for hand basting.  I have decided to do the new Mystery Quilt. Never have done one from the very beginning, not knowing what it will look like, so I dug out some weird and ugly FQ's, that way if I mess up, I wont be cuttting up good fabric. I ordered a scrap bag from KQ and it had a bunch of FQ i would never use in anything otherwise. So its really going to be interesting. Have a good time. bj

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:44 AM

Carolyn, your fabric choice are very pretty . Do you have a dark fabric to throw in with the rest?

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

walla2butterfly:
Look at me rattling on, I must be getting excited. Keep checking to see if I have a tracking # yet haha

Tammi, being excited is part of the process, it is like waiting for Christmas morning when you are waiting for a new toy to arrive. I'm excited for you...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075

Okie, ya I know about good thread, if it doenst break , your having to clean your machine constantly.  Good luck on your MQ7, it will be fun, and who knows when you finish it may turn out to be one of your favorites even with the "weird & ugly FQ"

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:57 AM

okiebarb:
Coats and Clark,

Coats and Clark aren't what they used to be.  Still have some from many, many years ago that seem good, but what they put out now is inferior to what they did have.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

okiebarb:
I ordered a scrap bag from KQ and it had a bunch of FQ i would never use in anything otherwise. So its really going to be interesting. Have a good time. bj

Interesting is good. I have been amazed, when watching the other MQs, at how the different fabrics turned out.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Barbara:

Carolyn, your fabric choice are very pretty . Do you have a dark fabric to throw in with the rest?

Thanks, Barbara.  This is an excellent point.  I need to either find my ruby beholder or just give up and get a new one!  I tend to always choose colors of similar value and have to make myself add darker/lighter fabrics.  :)

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:06 AM

Ugh, I have been watching everyone's posts of their fabric choices all weekend long, and I can't WAIT to get home tonight and pick mine! I think I'm going to go with a funky/fun sort of theme...will upload later on tonight! This is my first Mystery Quilt and I am so excited! Thanks to all of you for your wonderful inspiration!

Tracy

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

hi okiebarb, you might want to go into the message boards or forum and find the thread on threads.. LOL play on words there.. anyway there is a lot of discussion on threads to use to piece and quilt. Personally I do not use C&C for piecing because there are better threads that are tinner and make the 1/4" seam allowance easier to press down flat and takes up little room in the seam. My choice is Madeira Aerofil, but there was a great bit of interesting conversations about the threads. Check this out
http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/p/26836/275521.aspx#275521 
Now I use  C&C exclusively for all my fashion sewing their dual duty is a high quality strong no lint thread. When you want a good quality cotton thread that is color fast for top stitching or crazy patch with decorative stitches I found that essential threads from CT is the best performing, some use that thread for piecing as well.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

mcfay:

Belfrybat, I have that exact same fabric, top row 3rd from the left. The one with the daisy's. I bought it for backing.

.  I happened to walk into the Abilene Walmart store one day and they had just put out a table of sale fabric.  I grabbed about 6 or 7 bolts that were 87 cents a yard.  That was one of them.  It will probably end up a backing as well since I can't find anything it goes well with. 

Are you joining the mystery quilt?  As you can tell, we just got started.   

Brigit-Carol

Page 24 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use