Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 23 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,700

Mimi:

Patti:
Save those UFOs for the challenge starting Jan 1

Yeah Patti!  I was hoping this would happen again.  Glad to hear it is scheduled.  On with MQ7!!

Maybe an UFO challenge will get me moving to quilt the pile that is growing! I still haven't quilted the humongeous quilt top I put together at the 2011 Leavenworth retreat.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:01 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Maybe an UFO challenge will get me moving to quilt the pile that is growing!

Judy,  I think you are reading my mind!! Hope I get enough time to quilt all those nasty UFO's just sitting there waiting to be full grown quilts. 

Everyone's fabric is so different.  Some is warm and loud.  Others whisper sweetly.  Some make you smile and others take your breath away.  As always it's going to be great fun watching all the fabrics join together for dynamic results.

Any way.... I just got home from the Fantastic Fall Fiber Frenzy in TN.  What a great time we all had.  Of course there was time to go to the LQS.  I was thinking of MQ7 and picked up most of these fat quarters at Pappy's.  The long pieces of fabric came from my stash as did the extra 5 fq's because I thought we only needed 15.  Nana, what do you think? The last two greens (on the right) are much brighter than they appear.  The white on white has snowflakes.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:08 PM

Wow Mimi, this is going to be a beautiful  Christmas quilt.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:12 PM

Mimi

Gorgeous fabrics.  I think they will make a beautiful quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:13 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I still haven't quilted the humongeous quilt top I put together at the 2011 Leavenworth retreat.

Judy

I still haven't quilted either of the 2 humongeous quilt tops I made at retreat....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,700

Mimi. I love your fabrics. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,884
gini replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:24 AM

i had most of these colors picked out, went to ben franklin's and they had the fairy fabric that perfectly matched, so it looks like i have a back for my quilt already, and they had a big fairy, she will end up on the back, too.

it's going to be busy, for sure.  most of the blues, are really purples.  not so bad for picking through stash.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,884
gini replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:27 AM

oops, forgot the bog fairy.

it could be a bog fairy, i meant big fairy.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 205

Beautiful assortment of fabrics.  WOW!

Bev in Indiana

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645

Nice fabric choices everyone, Gini my sissy would just love the fairy's. Her Bday is tomorrow, you think you could have it ready haha

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 8:26 AM

Gini

These fabrics are gorgeous.  It looks like you were picking fabrics for me....LOL>   I love the fairies.  I have looked at that fabric several times but have resisted buying it....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 20,385

Not the best photo, but here are my fabrics (all just pink and grey from the Stash)..  I removed the pink/red stripes and pulled out the tiny print grey since I'll be using it for binding.  Leaves me with 12 different fabrics for blocks.  I also have a solid pink that matches these that I may throw in there and I may add something new when I get to the borders, but this will be it for blocks.  

I also plan to enlarge the size of the quilt.

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Everyone's fabric choices are so beautiful and bright, great job everyone!!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Azhinova Lyubov:

Thank you, Spudgrandma,  I don't know what kind of fabric I choose for this project.

Lyubov Azhinova.

I love the collection of the Christmas fabrics in your Fat Eighths group. You can use them along with the other fabric yardages cut to make up the other pieces needed.
F8th is 9x20" approximately which when cut cross grain will give you one 5 1/2" x 20", then sub cut and you have two 5.5"x9.5" bricks. You will have a nice piece of 2 .25"-2.5" strip that can be pieced to use in a border or for sashing or perhaps as binding. SEW from the 39 F8ths you can have 78 bricks for a great scrappy quilt top. You would only need to cut two more bricks to start with the 80 required. ++ being that you already have your strips ready for scrappy border, sashing or binding. WOW that is pretty good. As Nana has said we just need a good selection of dark, lights and med fabrics, I think these will work well
. Happy Quilting!!

I am surprised that this weekend didn't find me choosing for the MQ7 fabrics, but I got hung up in the FQ boxes and started pulling for the travel totes (13) that I need for a customer. I did pull a few for MQ7, and only decided on 8 for the totes. lol I hate using my fabric stash.
Best part is shopping again or doing another swap, or going shopping and doing another swap..

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645

Thanks Carolyn, makes me feel a little better about it but still nervous. I tried to check reviews on it but seemed most of the ones I found could have been bias. And of course there is always those that say , "oh, it arrived today, I just love it, it is wonderful" or, " I have never sewn in my life, but this is the best machine in the world" or just the opposite, "This machine is horrible, I bought some thread from the dollor store and this machine keeps breaking it or I cant get my tension right" haha. Makes it hard to know what to believe. But its intend is a back up, to my old work horse. I didnt want to get a really cheap one, and end of fighting with it the whole time my other was gettting fixed. I did look really hard at some of those that do the auto embroidry. Thought wow, I could have it embroidrying me some blocks while I quilted on something else. But as for a back up , didnt really look like it could handle the big quilts at quilt time.

Look at me rattling on, I must be getting excited. Keep checking to see if I have a tracking # yet haha

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Page 23 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use