Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 22 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 2:01 PM

Bonita, 

i think the small floral gives a balance to the scale overall.  You want a variety of scale in your prints.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,686
Points 66,020
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 2:11 PM

OK, Thanks Debbie, Nana and Jeanine, I'll just go with it,off to cut after I do some dusting...haven't for a while. Darn hip still hurts.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075

Thanks Nana and Spud. I sure hope it is all that it claims. Just like Christmas .... waiting for thursday or sooner. Of Course my old die hard is sewing a perfect tension seam now. So, big question is does the new one replace the old one or does it just fill in while the old singer goes to the Dr in Oregon?

I am glad to hear that this will work as a scrapy, kind of had that thought in the back of my mind. I really wanted to work down some stash around here. But havent made up my mind. One more question.... What is the min # of different fabric one could use and have the pattern still show up?

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 260

I've been so excited for this project that I have talked my quilting group into trying it, too. More loyal followers-super times!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,360
Points 414,984
gini replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:00 PM

Bonita:

Love everyone's chose of fabric, it's going to be some beautiful quilt from this MQ7. Here's my choice, it's from a twice the charm pack( first pic) but it only has 26 strips so had to add 4 more. The one on th top at the right is really alight cream not white. (2nd pic)

Now that I se it in the picture I'm not sure about the small floral, 2nd one down on the right. What do you all think?

i don't think it is the scale of the print, but the tone.  it doesn't read the brighter tones of the other fabrics.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,686
Points 66,020
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:13 PM

gini:
don't think it is the scale of the print, but the tone.  it doesn't read the brighter tones of the other fabrics.

Well shoot now I've got to go and find my flip flops. LOL  I think your right Gini, it's not the colors or the size that was bothering me, now that you've pointed it out but how  dull it looks it looks. There's enough of the purple to cut two strips. You can never have enough purple right? LOL

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 635
Brooke replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:35 PM

Judy & Dogs:

I'm in on MQ 7!  Can't wait to see how this comes together.  After being entirely Scrappy all summer, I'm going Controlled Colorway for this one!  : 0)

Shopped my stash and came up with an Eflin Christmas quilt.  Had to go to Joann's for the tree outer border and the black and white polka dot with flowers for the backing.  The red swirl is probably going to be the binding.

Not sure about the inner borders yet--waiting to see what transpires before I decide on that. 

Here is what I have so far. 

Judy, I absolutely LOVE your fabric choices!  That is going to make a beautiful quilt no matter what the pattern.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070

OH SHOOT!!!!!  the material that I thought would work are only 4.5 inches wide.  I have other fabric that is really ugly that is 6.5 inches.  Think I will use that, Nana I WILL do scrappy, no ripping and rearrainging, I promise :)

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:57 PM

Hey Bonita,

Beautiful fabric choices!  I see what you mean about that small print, but maybe as a border fabric?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:59 PM

Can't wait to get started on this.  I've done only 1 MQ before.  It's gonna take me a couple weeks to get my fabric choices together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,360
Points 414,984
gini replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 6:24 PM

Bonita:
You can never have enough purple right? LOL

for me, this applies to all fabric.  i forgot to tell you that i like your color choices.  

everyone is doing a great job picking fabrics, with just an iddy biddy bit of help now and then from our fearless leader.

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Bonita, 

Your twice the charm is gorgeous!  Gonna make an beautiful quilt.  I like your idea of extra purple.  Happy cutting!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Like your Christmas fabrics, Pat!  It's going to be a great quilt!

Pat Badder:

Here are my fabrics I used. All cut and read for next step.  The stacks have 40 pieces in each one. I used 10 different Christmas fabrics.

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

walla2butterfly:
t

Singer Quantum Stylist Model 9960 Sewing Machine

Does anyone know anymore about it? I sure hope it is good news, if you do

I have this machine and I love it.  

For me, the auto tension isn't exactly right when I am doing FMQ with the embroidery foot, but it's only off by a tiny bit and I just change it manually.

Also, I sewed through a safety pin at FULL SPEED with no major problems (but I don't recommend it).

Enjoy your new toy!

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 40,415
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:27 PM

Patti:
Save those UFOs for the challenge starting Jan 1

Yeah Patti!  I was hoping this would happen again.  Glad to hear it is scheduled.  On with MQ7!!

Page 22 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use