Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 15 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Well, I just looked at my order and this is the FQs I just ordered, they all are supposed to go together so we will see.

Charlottesville Christmas Samplers

Canterbury Christmas Samplers

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

I absolutely and completely do not know what I am doing.  I tried to pick fabrics that had at least one colour in common with the one to the left of it, but it seems to me it's just ended up being a scrappy bunch of random fabric.  Help?!?!  BTW, the orangy looking one third from the end in the top row is really more hot pink with some orange.  I hoped it would blend with the floral following it.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

I also went thru my stash and this is what I came up with.  I have 19 here just realized so will pick out another for the last.  Does this look like I have enough light?

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 125,005

Here are my pieces all cut out.  I used 15 different fabrics. Three piles. Each pile has 30 strips. One stack of 5-1/2 x 9-1/2.  One stack of 2 x 9-1/2 and one stack of 3-1/2 x 9-1/2. I may change out the red poppy fabric for something else. The light polka dot may be used again in the borders. My goal was to use from my stash and not buy anything.

I sure hope I did this correctly!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 361
Points 6,265

Hi BB,

Picking out this stuff is sometimes more difficult than making the quilt.  I would suggest you pick out a fabric with lots of color as a focus fabric and then choose colors that fit with it.  For example, numbering your fabrics 1-10 on the top row and 11-20 on the bottom row, you could pick fabric #9 as a focus fabric.  Then perhaps #7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 19 & 20 to go with it.  Another purple or lavender with look good and maybe another orangish with more tone on tone.  That would give you about ten and you could add a few more.  Once you get several prints I would begin to tone down just a bit.  Even another light or two would be good.  That's a suggestion for what it's worth but you have a great start.  My first mystery was gruesome picking out the fabric.  I'm beginning to get a little more comfortable.  Also, brown is a great neutral that may be great to stick in too.  Something with just a tad of color that fits with the others.  Anyway, hope I was just a bit of help.

Penny

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:14 PM

Beautiful fabric colors.  Can't wait to see it done.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:29 PM

Barbara, I love your choice of fabrics,very feminine and I am glad you are making the quilt for yourself.

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:31 PM

I need all the help I can get when it comes to choosing fabrics that go together. That is why I tend to go with kits.  I love seeing what everyone has chosen.

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:45 PM

Wow Judy I love your fabric choices!  Seeing everyone fabric choices I now know I want to add a few larger print fabrics to my group of fabrics. I am learning so much about choosing fabrics from you guys..

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 125,005

Barbara:

Well here is what I picked for my fabric . I 'm pretty  sure it will work fine ,,Barbara

Barbara, I think these are gorgeous fabrics. Your quilt will be beautiful. Now I want to do mine over. Maybe I'll make two and select some fabrics like these for the 2nd one.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:55 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Barbara:

Well here is what I picked for my fabric . I 'm pretty  sure it will work fine ,,Barbara

Barbara, I think these are gorgeous fabrics. Your quilt will be beautiful. Now I want to do mine over. Maybe I'll make two and select some fabrics like these for the 2nd one.

Ha Judy, that is the same thing I thought when I saw both of your selections as well as everyone else's choices.

from TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695

So, Nana.... I am looking at a bundle of black and white. Looks about half split between black on white and visa versa. I have always wanted to do a quilt with this combo. Do you think this would work with this MQ? or do you need more variety? well off to find the place where you estimated the size

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 50

I am looking forward to the new mystery too, Carol in Delaware

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 755

I chose a slightly limited palette of my favorite blues and greens. I didn't want to go with too many fabrics to control, somewhat, the final look. I took 10 - 1/3 yard cuts from my stash.

All the fabric choices so far have been really beautiful. I especially like the batik selection :)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

PennyWyo:

Hi BB,

Picking out this stuff is sometimes more difficult than making the quilt.  I would suggest you pick out a fabric with lots of color as a focus fabric and then choose colors that fit with it.  For example, numbering your fabrics 1-10 on the top row and 11-20 on the bottom row, you could pick fabric #9 as a focus fabric.  Then perhaps #7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 19 & 20 to go with it.  Another purple or lavender with look good and maybe another orangish with more tone on tone.  That would give you about ten and you could add a few more. 

Thank you!  Very helpful.  I wish I had more of the multi floral, but I only have 3 FQs.  But following your suggestion and pulling a few more pieces from my stash, I ended up with this.  To much green perhaps?  The one stuck on the end was a last minute thought -- it has all the colours in the floral but with a brown background.  Not sure  if it adds or detracts.

Brigit-Carol

Page 15 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use