Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 6:42 PM

Hey, Brenda, Thanks for sharing your name and State with us. IM in North Florida near Jacksonville. Ive been quilting for 21/2 years now and love it. So much to learn and so much to keep you busy for a long, long time. You will learn a lot here , too. Just ask and join in the different groups Im sure you will find the one for you. Also, since you are a newbie, have you heard about Craftsy.com where you can sign up for all kinds of Quilting classes online. Jenny Doan with Missouri Star Quilting Co.has classes for beginners and wonderful  free tutorials on her MSQC website. She is one of my favorites. Hope this is helpful to you.   Susan

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 155

Yes Susan I did sign up with Craftsy, thank you for recommending it. They have alot of great things there. I am just starting with quilting just taking my time and enjoying it. I am hoping to make some beautiful things for family and friends. I love Florida and wish I could get away from this cold weather months. Hoping that will be in the future. Thanks again.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 8:23 AM

Hi Brenda,  this is a great place to learn and make new friends.  Don't hesitate to ask any questions. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,690
Debbie replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:16 AM

Spud! I am soo glad to see your reply! I hadn't been on the site in a while and couldn't find any comments by you so i was a little worried! Thanks for the advice and I am glad to hear from ya!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,690
Debbie replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:25 AM

Update on the borders: 

I ended up with a two inch inner border and a four inch outer border. It looks wonderful! I am very please with my WVU Bargello heart quilt! It is really beautiful and will be an Heirloom for our family. This is the best quilt I have done o date. My husband actually had tears in his eyes when he saw it.

Thanks to everyone for the great advice!

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use