Top 10 Posters

sewing machine tables

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 33 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
10 Posts
Points 155
Sharon posted on Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:49 AM

I have seen ads for two different portable sewing machine tables in various quilt magazines.  It seems that they are only available online.  I would like to see them before I buy, but also would like to know if anyone has one and what they like or dislike about them.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,262 Posts
Points 173,163
Answered (Not Verified) Marie replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 8:22 AM
Suggested by ls2116

Brigit-Carol and Steph, if you'll look at the picture again, there are no legs at the back of the table, the tube comes directly from under the table top at the back and comes around to the front.  Looking at the left side view it looks like a capital L only rounded.  Looking under the table, there are screws and bolts that look like they are soldered  but I may be wrong.  That would be where the table could be shortened if possible.  My thought today is to maybe contact Janome and see if this can be done.  Thanks for everyones in-put, it got me to thinking and maybe it can be shortened to elf size.  :  )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Yeah  Maire I see your point.  oh well it was just a thought . Barbara..PS nice table  to .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
655 Posts
Points 16,585

I've shorted items made from U shape tubing similar to what I see on your table.  You cut the tubing and put in a connector.  From looking at your table, it looks like the best place would be between the back brace and the table top. It appears you could shorten it by 3-4".  In the front, I'd go just below the table top.  Here is a pic of the tubing connector I used.   You would cut out a piece of tubing on front and back the size you need to lower the table then insert the ends into a connector. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
2,653 Posts
Points 37,355
ls2116 replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:50 PM

Here is another suggestion although I'd also contact Janome.  If those legs are removable get some wood legs cut to size and  and attach them.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 0
Page 3 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use