rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni Posted: Mon, Oct 15 2012 7:10 PM

Praise God I voted today 10-15-2012!

My vote will count!  I voted, no matter what happens my vote is in and will count!  Please ,eveyone VOTE,  VOTE, VOTE!

I was so proud, every time I get to vote I just get chills.   It is so exciting, it never gets old.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I agree Joni, but I will wait until election day to cast my vote.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 7:40 PM

I always vote. But, in the back of my mind is the nagging question....Who wins the Presidential election if NO ONE votes?  While that would never, ever happen, it IS an interesting quetion.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 8:21 PM

Good question Sukochi. How about if no one voted for either candidate and wrote someone else in?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 8:25 PM

I always VOTE at the earliest opportunity...just in case something should happen to me.  Just in case!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Joni:

I always VOTE at the earliest opportunity...just in case something should happen to me.  Just in case!!

That's a good point Jone, but I like to see it actually go in the box. We still do paper ballots here.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 8:34 PM

I"m waiting til election day, but was quite surprised by people coming door to door at 7:30 pm wanting talk about thing on the ballot!  I give my oppinion on the phone and that should be quite enough!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 8:43 PM

I'm so looking forward to the last debate...some of my friends and I love to debate the candidates and we really are not always in agreement.  But it is interesting to listen to others opinions and ideas.  Some friends you cannot even discuss this wonderful gift we have.  But I love those friends also, and just know not everyone can even agree to disagree. 

What an exciting country this is, we are so very privileged.  Here I am in my  "golden age" and I'm still as bubbly and excited as a kid casting her 1st ballot!  Whew, looks like I'm in for a long night, it must be my ADHD (LOL) disorder kicking in, too much excitement today.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:12 AM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

I always vote. But, in the back of my mind is the nagging question....Who wins the Presidential election if NO ONE votes?  While that would never, ever happen, it IS an interesting quetion.

the electoral college, we don't pick the president

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Yep--my vote was cast yesterday.  Voting is a privilege I always take to heart.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:11 AM

gini:
 the electoral college, we don't pick the president

The Electoral college  should be repelled , It is outdated and no longer needed. Let the peoples vote really elect the President

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:52 PM

Yes girls even over here in England i vote when its our turn to choose a Prime Minister, I always say so many women in the past fought for the chance to vote i would not want to let them down buy having the chance and not using it.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

You are so right Francis! 

I also agree with Barbara - I think the electoral college stinks.  While most of the time whoever wins the popular vote also gets the electoral college it has happened the other way around.  What ever happened to "government by the people"?  Does anyone know - have we always had the electoral college??? 

I haven't voted yet but plan to do early voting.  I hate standing in lines on election day.  I like to take my time and when there is a long line waiting to vote, I feel rushed to get in and out so others can have their turn.  :o(

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:55 AM

Oh I so agree with getting rid of the electoral college!  HOW?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:19 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Does anyone know - have we always had the electoral college??? 
Marge, Yes we have always had an electoral college - was put in place by the founding fathers... . Your state’s entitled allotment of electors equals the number of members in its Congressional delegation: one for each member in the House of Representatives plus two for your Senators.

Each person should vote and since I was old enough to vote I have - I enjoy this right that we have here in the USA.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use