Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 555
Kathleen Johnston Posted: Sat, Oct 13 2012 5:12 PM

Does anyone use this?  I just got one that is used.  Does anyone have instructions for it?  That did not come with the used product.  Could you email me the instructions?  krjkrj@aol.com  Thanks

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,339
Points 241,892
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 5:56 PM

Kathleen, I have one but it is so far hidden under my stuff in the stash room - if I can get to it - I'll see if I still have my directions - I think you could probably go to Pfaff and get instructions for it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,591
Points 118,860

Kathleen Johnston:

Does anyone use this?  I just got one that is used.  Does anyone have instructions for it?  That did not come with the used product.  Could you email me the instructions?  krjkrj@aol.com  Thanks

Kathleen, I tried to send you a private message but I don't think you have it turned on in your preferences. I have the instructions and also a tip sheet I can send you. They are PDF files so I can't attach them within a post.

Click on my name and you'll see an option to Start a Conversation. Click on that and send me your email address so I can email you the files as an attachment.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 555

Thanks Thea.  The next post from Judy says she has the instructions at hand.  Please don't go digging.  That could take a lot of your time.  Did you not like the product.  What was the problem?  kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,591
Points 118,860

Kathleen Johnston:
Did you not like the product.  What was the problem?  kathy

The Pfaff fabric mover is supposed to work with the Viking model I have (Sapphire 830). I saw it demonstrated at Sew Expo and liked it but didn't want to spend the nearly $600. I found a used one for $50. I hooked it up and it worked except it didn't regulate the stitch and it gives such a small area to work on.  I watched the video, read the instructions but couldn't get it to regulate the stitch. It's now back in the box and sitting in a corner. I may go into the local dealer to see a demo to try to determine if there is something I'm doing wrong. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 555

Thanks again for the instructions you sent me.  I really appreciate your taking the time to send them.  kathy

• | Post Points: 0
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 555

Thanks again for taking your time to send me the instructions.  I really appreciate it.  kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Kathleen, I don't think we have met so I wanted to say Hi and nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 555

Nice to meet you too.   kathy

• | Post Points: 0
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5
Jan Power replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 8:21 PM

Judy, saw your 2012 post on the Fab-U-Motion.  I purchased mine in 2012 and we are still having a love/hate relationship.  I got one sheet of instructions on connecting it to my Pfaff Quilter's Expression and have watched a video on U-tube.  Hoping you can help me.  I constantly have a loose bottom thread no matter what the tension is and it also skips stitches and breaks thread.  I can't blame all that on my Pfaff!  I wonder if the sensor is goofy or I just got a lemon.  I wanted it so I could FMQ my own smaller projects but I'm not getting very good quality.  I have arthritic hands and I thought this would solve my problem!  

Thanks for any input.  You can e-mail directly at puffinpower@peak.org.

Jan, also in the beautiful northwest.  I love Bellingham but I'm in Oregon!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
CAR195 replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 7:35 PM

I am wondering if anyone has had a successful experience with the Fb-u-Motion. I have had one almost 2 years , have just only played around with it, but need to get serious as I am trying to FMQ my own smaller quilts. Looking for pointers !  Thanks much ! Chris

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 595
tish replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 9:54 PM
There was one on clearance at my local store...mostly a Husqvarna dealer...last year, it was marked down to $50 and I asked about how it worked and if it would work on my Sapphire. She didn't know, but she didn't know why not. She opened the box and there was no paperwork inside to say anything about how to use it or if it would work on my sewing machine. So I said I would be interested if I knew for sure, thanks anyway. I thought a lot of it must be missing considering the original price on the box, but it was actually all there except for the directions. Bernina (Quilting arts show) has that stitch regulator that goes on the foot, I wish they made that for my sewing machine! On and off I have been looking on ebay for a fabumotion with a low price, but if no one really likes it, maybe I should stop looking. tish
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,591
Points 118,860

Rush. I bought a used one as I was told it would work with my sapphire. It kind of did work. But I didn't like. Too cumbersome.  Perhaps I just wasn't using it right. Anyway. I got rid of it. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
CAR195 replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 11:27 PM

Thank you!   I have yet to find anyone who has used it with a positive outcome. Somewhat discouraging........!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
CAR195 replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 11:32 PM

Thank Judy....not much positive info about it !   I guess maybe I need to challenge myself! Waving at you ....... I am from Mt Vernon! 

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use