Page 5 of 6 (87 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 86 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:42 AM

Hey,  Thea, want ANOTHER suggestion? Take pictures with your camera and look hard at what you see. That is the best way for me to get a full visual of what I have. And, it's your baby. Play and do what you want. We are just making friendly suggestions as quilters are helpers. But, you know that.

About to head across country to the quilt show. Yee Haw!!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,709
Points 38,280
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:26 AM

not sure who posted s&w wall but its looking great and i would suggest a third lighter fabric placed in center to give a tunnel effect.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 3:49 PM

Here is the whole top as it stands right now

this is the top - a close up

this is the middle to the bottom...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 3:58 PM

Thea

This fabric has made some truly beautiful blocks.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:01 PM

It did amaze me Nana - I thought when I saw it that it would be an awesome SnW but at the time I didn't even know about the One Block Wonder and I am loving it - but when I will ever get it off the design wall and sewn completely together - not sure - have some ideas about putting some cube blocks in or maybe triangles - although with this one I am thinking the cube blocks will be the ones and having them fall out to the borders as she did in some of her examples.  I think I just want to make cube blocks...teehee... I get to be mesmerized by this site every day sitting in my chair - until the dog goes by and whacks the design wall with her tail and I have to get up quick and put them back where they belong...teehee

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 5:03 PM

The last setting is really eye popping, The colors show up better in this pic too. I have enjoyed watching your progress. I made one out of some light colored fabric with roses. Each block turns out so different it makes it fun to sew. I want to make another one, one of these days, maybe when I find some fabric that yells and says Make Me!!!Make Me!!!   bj

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:59 PM

I am truly having fun - have ordered some coordinating fabrics to see if putting some cubes or triangles in - will do anything to it - plus to start working on the border - I am not quite sure yet whether this is the way it will stay but I do like it - and am having fun with the challenge.  I love the different colorwaves that came out from this fabric and it makes me giggle to look back ar the original piece and what it looks like now.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 7:28 AM

Your One Block Wonder is ever changing gracefully.  If you ha enough of your theme fabric, it would be nice to have a piece either in the border ir on the back to sho where those beauties come from.  

Like everyone says it's your baby and have fun with it.  You are so creative that your end result will be way more than what I have in mind.  Thanks for sharing your process I love to see how your quilt is evolving, changing.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 7:44 AM

Angele, Thank you for your wonderfully kind words.  I am having fun and I do have enough of the fabric and planned on putting it on the back - I wasn't sure whether I was going to cut more of it to use in this quilt to make it bigger - but am thinking now that I will just start sewing it together and sewing on borders and it should be a nice size queen quilt.  I moved the extra pieces from the bottom up to the top last night so both are now straight across.  Then I am going to add triangles on to the sides to straighten them out rather then cut them off - and add a slim border of the triangle fabric to top and bottom for what will be the first border.  I am trying to match that Red in the quilt to use as the final outer border but the magenta red is a difficult color to find so my thoughts on that may change - I did order a couple pieces of material to try out.  I ordered some fabric to make solid cubes and hollow cubes too to see what that would look like - that may end up being another quilt though - to make one One Block wonder like this and then to proceed forward with new and wonderful ones.  

Has been a long time since I got excited about the challenges that a new (to me) technique have gotten my imagination running wild - I dream about working on this quilt ... lol ... last year I was making lots of twister quilts - I guess this year family better be ready for my OBW quilts... they will love them.... 

It really does amaze me how many different blocks I got from this one piece of material - and am now looking at all sorts of different fabrics to see if they would look good as OBWs... sent Barbara and email with all these different ones last night.  Thinking about having a sew in where we just have fun making them...teehee... 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,450
Ramona replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 5:06 PM

Thea,

Absolutely stunning...,.. this quilt is a beauty!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:30 PM

thea, very nice,  this is a WOW quilt

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:32 PM

nearly every post is an error message, now.  i sure wish they would get  a new server

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,709
Points 38,280
ls2116 replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:42 PM

I've got the same thought gini, but this stack&wack is beautiful can't wait to see it complete.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:26 AM

I have taken SnW off the design wall - I was happy with the design but not completely thrilled yet - so I have the picture and can put it back together the way I had it - but for the moment it is in the work in progress (WIP) box and waiting for me to go forward with it - I have a couple fabrics ordered that I am going to try for borders and when they arrive I'll put it back up - for the moment I went to another WIP that really needs finishing - I am making a dog quilt for my house sitter - had meant to take it to Iowa with me to work on - but with all that has been happening it didn't get packed up to go... so I put all the dog blocks on the design wall at this time and am going to start designing the way I am going to put them all together...

So for the moment SnW has become a WIP.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,709
Points 38,280
ls2116 replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:51 AM

Bet that quilt looks good too eager to see it.  The planning the quilt part seems to take me the longest.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 5 of 6 (87 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use