Page 4 of 6 (87 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 86 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 6:20 PM

Sukochi, so true ,my only problem is now I have to buy some fabric that will work with this , guess I'll have to make a trip back to MSQC ,that is where Thea got her fabulous fabric.. OH The Shame of it .. LOL   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 7:45 PM

Oh, where, oh, where has our Thea gone??? Haven't seen her on the forums at all today. 

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 8:34 PM

Oh Thea I have always wanted to do a one block wonder, even bought fabric for one...you have inspired to to do one, got 3 of my log cabin christmas quilt to finish and I just may try!  Yours is absolutely gorgeous.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 9:04 PM

Thea, SnW & One Blco Wonders can be very addicting & certainly make me see fabric differently!  I've done two SnWs so far but like the look of all the blocks together without setting triangles or sashing between.  I have three asian prints waiting to be made into SnW or OBW quilts but have other projects to complete first.

Have fun playing with block placement but don't drive yourself nuts looking for the "perfect" arrangement - pick one you & Jay both like & finish that top :-)

Thanks for bringing us along for the ride.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:21 PM

Barbara:

Sukochi, so true ,my only problem is now I have to buy some fabric that will work with this , guess I'll have to make a trip back to MSQC ,that is where Thea got her fabulous fabric.. OH The Shame of it .. LOL   

Barbara,

I was thinking you already had lots of unique fabric in your stash thats why you needed three books.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:33 PM

Frances, No Barbara and I just need new books to add to our overwhelming collections...teehee

I am sorry I was AWOL yesterday - some things are happening in my life that are over whelming me and I am trying desperately to deal with them  Hopefully, all will be wonderful again soon.  today is definitely better then yesterday.

I have all the blocks made from this repeat for the quilt and had them up on the design wall...

the dog walked past and whacked the design wall with her tail and half the blocks came tumbling down... so I took them all off and just stacked them up as I couldn't deal with it right then....

Last night I started putting them back on the design wall - about 2 a.m. - and am trying different ways - right now as you will see I have all the reddish blocks around the outside - I am moving them a little at a time within the center and on the outside - I am staring at it and it is going to drive me insane before I am done - but this is what it looks like at the moment...

You can see the different look this gives it.  and some blocks are still standing out - I am trying to make it even on all sides and go out from the center... next year when you see me in the insane asylum because I am still working on making this perfect for me - you can decide for yourself if you ever want to do a stack and whack...teehee....

I am also going to make some of those cube blocks to go in this quilt and until I have made those nothing will be totally done... and thinking about doing some flowers to fall from the middle off into the borders when I finally get that far...

I am a Quiltoholic - but it is keeping my mind working right now and normalizing my life while it is in a shambles.  A few prayers - just general prayers would be greatly appreciated... and please continue to enjoy my trip while making my stack and whack and if you see some blocks that could be changed around please tell me what you would do...

All ideas are greatly appreciated...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,610
Points 178,513
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:59 PM

Thea, you certainly have my thoughts and prayers for whatever is going on in your life right now.  Sending (((((HUGS))))) as well.

Your SnW is going to be gorgeous when you finally get it the way you want it.  Take pictures of your different layouts and view them on the computer, you'll know which to eliminate right away and then when your down to a few it'll be easier to choose.  Good luck with it.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:55 PM

Ah, dear Thea, you re always in my thoughts and prayers. I feel connected, at the heart to you. Though we have never met, not even spoken on the phone.  Here you are trying to keep your reallife  blocks in the air as well as your quilt blocks in the ai. You are an amazing woman. When I would be in bed with the covers thrown over me, you are always up and moving so fast.  I appaud you, Thea.

Whatever you do, with the real life blocks or the quilt blocks, it will turn out beautiful. As, beautiful as you yourself are, my dear. (((HUGS))) to a beautiful, crazy lady!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 8:47 PM

Thea, I can't say it it any better than what's already been said. My T&P are with you in whatever dificult times you're going thru.

Love the way your S&W is coming together.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 9:53 PM

Thea I just found your posts about your S&W journey.  Your blocks are stunning.  I did two stack and whack and one one bloc wonder.  I enjoyed both processes and I even did a couple of the cubes.  Great exercise for the brain to see how each time you move a bloc the whole quilt changes.  I love the way your blocks swirl and move in different directions.  Thanks for sharing your process.  

My thoughts and prayers are with you each and every day.  Hope your issues will be resolved.  Quilty hugs.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:41 PM

Looks very interesting, Since you have about the same amount of blues and reds, I would love to see how it would look setting the colors on diagonal, every other one red or blue. This might create more of a contrast. Just my idea, you will know what to do when you feel it. Quilting is like therapy, it helps me forget everything and everyone else bothering me. I often get up at night to work on a project for awhile when I cant sleep.  I dont have room for a design wall, just have to lay it out on the bed sometimes. Good Luck, bj

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 4:57 PM

Barb, thank you for the suggestion.  I guess you can't see from the picture but some of the blocks are greens and some are purples - the blues are 2 different shades of blue.  I have been working and working on it and almost have it the way I think it will work - but you never know - the problem with changing it totally is that I don't know if I can get it back the way i have it right now - there are 84 different hexagon blocks... but I just may do it.

The design wall I am using is a design on the go wall - it stands by itself so you don't need a wall.  It is a 72" square piece of flannel that they folded over on each side and used tent poles all the way around and then at the half way points in each direction - then you use 2 more that are attached to smaller poles that come out on the bottom to allow it to stand by itself.  

I lost my design wall when my Mom came to stay with me and I do love them so when I found this I thought awesome - I love sitting and looking at a quilt from a distance when I am designing as i love changing it around - especially one like this.  

My camera died - charging batteries or I would have posted a picture of where I am now - I have gone from square to rectangular and think I really like this - but not ready to sew it all together yet.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:59 PM

Look what I found in a booth at an antique mall today. This lady sells all sorts of her small quilt works.

And this one......

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:06 PM

Thea, those are beautiful colors you're working with.  My idea would be to swirl the magenta across the quilt starting in one corner and ending in the opposite keeping all the magentas touching one another then play with the rest to see where it settles.  When I did mine, I had to lay it flat on my bed, it never occurred to me at the time to tack the tablecloth it was on to the wall.  I can see now where I might have done it differently but mostly I'm happy with it.  One of my original thoughts was, "what was I thinking" but now that time has passed I would consider doing another one.

Prayers going up for a better than normal life for you!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:32 PM

Thea

This is a beautiful quilt.  I really like the design where the reds are scattered throughout the body.  I am sure it will be lovely no matter what you do with them.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 4 of 6 (87 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use